• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage Broker Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Broker Recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a mortgage company/broker they have used previously for a Contractor?

I've searched the forums but can't find much.

ta

Freelancer Financials have done 3 for me and are just renewing one of my BTLs.

I'm surprised you can't find much though. Mortgages are discussed regularly as you'd expect.

Best way to search the forums is to use the Google method.

Type in something like the below in to Google and mess around with the keywords

Contractor mortgage site:forums.contractoruk.com
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 14 January 2020, 19:04.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Whomever you use - make sure it's a fixed rate. For as long as is possible.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You might want to also try something like "site:contractoruk.com/forums/ mortgage" for more recent posts, as the site structure has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Whomever you use - make sure it's a fixed rate. For as long as is possible.
          For more unequivocal financial insight like this please refer to to the AMD thread.

Comment

Not advice, just my opinion.

For clarification speak to any old codger about mortgage rates in the late 80's, early 90's. NorthenLad, tell them all about it...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
              Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You might want to also try something like "site:contractoruk.com/forums/ mortgage" for more recent posts, as the site structure has changed.
              WamwiqS - the site moved from forums.contractoruk.com to www.contractoruk.com/forums a while back, and although there are redirects in place, I’m not sure if Google applies such considerations to “site:”-qualified searches.

Comment

100% Freelancer Financials all the way. I have used them for many many years for numerous mortgages.

PM me if you need my direct contact there.

Comment

Mate, I’ll do it for nothing. Contractors is bread and butter stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used a financial advisor since I was already in the swing of other things with him so made sense for him to pick that up too. If you want his contact details (based in the North West) I'd be happy to pass them to you.

That said, it's no longer an entirely different kettle of fish to a mortgage app for someone employed permanently. My understanding is that contractors used to have to jump through hoops to get a mortgage, it's not the case anymore. Have you tried yourself?

Comment

Working...
                    X