• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Don't want to make assumptions, spent a similar amount however was around 1% of my portfolio. Anything more felt too much like Vegas.

I must confess I sold all mine for Ether a couple of weeks ago when it peaked at 26 sats, got more Ether out than I put in at least.

dddddd

Comment

I think DT is having some kind of malfunction

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        Thanks very for the responses..Just to add bit more details..

1. Last time this property was in the market for nearly 7 months and marked as 'sold stc' twice towards end of year as sales didn't go through, when asked EA they are clear it wasn't due to any survey issues.
        2. Property is marketed by 2 agencies, I was dealing with one of them from begining they are aware of my interest & position, haven't talked to other one
        3. Its not in London but South East

Strategy-1 > Put an reasonable offer now (early) and see the response
        Strategy-2 > Wait for 2-3 weeks and if its still in market put the offer, so by that time EA/Seller knows demand is less
        Strategy-3 > Contact EA-2 with partner and start discussion from scratch
        Strategy-4 > ???

Which could work..? BTW I am doing all kinds of reserach around propery in Rightmove/Zoopla etc..
        The reason the sale didn’t go through the last time could have been they increased the price again before completion. Look for something else, people like this do your head in.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Had update from EA that second offer rejected (but not rejected completely!!....) Another offer 'significantly higher" accepted though it woll be confirmed only after second viewing tomorrow!!

Sounds bit dodgy???

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Had update from EA that second offer rejected (but not rejected completely!!....) Another offer 'significantly higher" accepted though it woll be confirmed only after second viewing tomorrow!!

Sounds bit dodgy???

Check with EA 2 if the house has had any firm offers on it. Call as an interested party who has not viewed it yet. Say you've seen it come on and off the market and are keen but wary and want to know the state of play.

Comment

Had update from EA that second offer rejected (but not rejected completely!!....)

OK, so ignoring all your prejudices, etc, what did they mean by "not rejected completely"?
              Did you ask?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sounds bit dodgy???
                Honestly, after reading your posts in this thread I think the seller is rejecting all your offers because they just don't want to deal with a twat like yourself and they prefer to deal with serious and prepared buyers.

Comment

Rejected completely means other offer accepted - which is not the case, as property is still in the market .If that one is not accepted then we still can have another go.....[emoji29]

Comment

Rejected completely means other offer accepted - which is not the case, as property is still in the market .If that one is not accepted then we still can have another go.....

Incorrect.
                    Unless it's you defining "rejected completely" and not the estate agent or seller.

"Rejected completely" means that the offer you made was not accepted and not close enough to warrant a counter offer.

"Offer accepted" means the offer has been accepted, then the house is described as Sold STC. (Subject to contract)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X