• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Nice! On a sunny, calm day

Why oh why oh why do people have those godawful outside baths?? That's basically what a jaccuzi is.
    Because they are swingers.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I viewed 50+ houses in last 2 years and liked two. This was one of them. (yes it got enough car parking as well

My worry is if I put offer too early, buyer might think he can get better one soon from another buyer & reject it.?? Last time in took 6+ months to 'sell' then sale didn't complete appartly buyer had cash problems! same story heard for second time as well it seems or may be same buyer tried again.

My position is strong now..sold mortgage free home + smaller % mortgage which is already agreed with bank...So that should appeal to EA I think.

I tried to put offer to both properties I liked last year, but both refused to entertain my offer as my house wasn't sold at that time. Now thats not the case.

Also I found that house price wasn't actually raised by EA. But last year original listing was for this higher price then they reduced it later. Now they started with that original higher price. This looks to be chain of 4 houses my buyer to my 'seller' finding his farm house.

I am currently talking to the second EA, and arranging a viewing via him..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        Last time in took 6+ months to 'sell' then sale didn't complete appartly buyer had cash problems! same story heard for second time as well it seems or may be same buyer tried again.
        Sounds like the mortgage company valued it less than the buyer was offering; in plain terms, the property is over-priced. Use this to your advantage.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Sounds like the mortgage company valued it less than the buyer was offering; in plain terms, the property is over-priced. Use this to your advantage.
          As I said before you can get the estimated value of the property using houseprices.io - that more closely follows the pricing model used by mortgage companies than Rightmoves version.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Asking price is reasonable as its only 80K more than last sold price 4 years ago. Only unknown factor is any major work is pending??? This should come out in survey & will pull out in that case.

What I am trying to see is best strategy to ensure the seller accepts my resobable offer, not getting greedy because I sold mine and might looked desparate to get what I want!! Since I enquired about property while it was removed from market both EA & owner aware of my interest and try to cash on it, which I am trying to avoid by outmaneuver them!! Hence not shown interest as soon its in market knowing its a risky strategy & someone could grab it for the same price as I thought it worth!!

Comment

My worry is if I put offer too early, buyer might think he can get better one soon from another buyer & reject it.?
              So, you're not really interested in the house at all.

OK.

How will you feel if someone comes along, puts in an offer of 10% below the asking price and the sellers accept, all the while you're sitting on your hands because you don't want to negotiate?

If you were actually interested in buying it, you'd put in a low offer, when it is rejected, you ask them for a counter offer.
              And then you keep going back and forward until the point where it's more than you're prepared to pay. Then you walk away and start house hunting again.

It's a bit like agreeing a contract rate. There's what you consider reasonable, there's what the other side consider is reasonable, and the two sides either reach a reasonable agreement, or walk away. What you consider "reasonable" might be a million miles from what they consider. But if you never make the offer, you'll never know.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yes, I am planing to make a move soon!

Comment

Yes, I am planing to make a move soon!

Days?
                  Weeks?
                  Months?
                  Years?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You're overthinking it. Just offer what you want to pay. If they don't accept then move on rather than becoming obsessed with whether they're trying to rip you off or not.
                    You want to pay as little as possible and the vendor wants to get as much as possible. Meet in the middle.
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Asking price is reasonable as its only 80K more than last sold price 4 years ago. Only unknown factor is any major work is pending??? This should come out in survey & will pull out in that case.

What I am trying to see is best strategy to ensure the seller accepts my resobable offer, not getting greedy because I sold mine and might looked desparate to get what I want!! Since I enquired about property while it was removed from market both EA & owner aware of my interest and try to cash on it, which I am trying to avoid by outmaneuver them!! Hence not shown interest as soon its in market knowing its a risky strategy & someone could grab it for the same price as I thought it worth!!
                      80k more than 4 years ago - are you sure it's actually worth that much more - check what houseprices and zoopla say about increases in the area.

Granted up north is different but around here if the price doesn't match the 2003 comparables it's not going to get a mortgage.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X