• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking distance to Vodafone. No need for car parking at the office.

3 bedroom property for sale Newbury, Berkshire, RG14
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Finally I decided to make an offer with EA-2. Two options I have..

Option-1 ) Make a lower offer and see response from the buyer
      Option-2 ) Make a reasonable offer and Insist that's the best I could offer because....repair work needed etc. and state my strong position..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        Finally I decided to make an offer with EA-2. Two options I have..

Option-1 ) Make a lower offer and see response from the buyer
        Option-2 ) Make a reasonable offer and Insist that's the best I could offer because....repair work needed etc. and state my strong position..
        Option 1, keeping option 2 in your pocket after letting them stew on option 1 for a few days

Comment

I was thinking abt option-2, to show I am serious...But I may be wrong...

Comment

You won't lose anything by putting in a cheeky offer. You could gain the house want at a good price.

Comment

Put in a low offer, then be prepared to negotiate.

It's not a scenario where you only get one chance!
              If you go in at your maximum, then you've got nowhere to go if/when they reject it.

So, choose 10-15% below the current asking price as your starting point. If they accept it, great. If they reject it, then after they have rejected it, ask for a counter offer.
              Then you go back and forward until the two parties reach agreement.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What about option 3, in which you offer 10k above asking price and also send them a fruit basket to thank them to have chosen you? Maybe even bend over without them asking? Seems like that's what you're looking for after all

Comment

Option 3) Go in at 5k for each 100k the house is worth less than option 2.
                  Settle for a bit less than option 2 as your firmed up offer subject to survey and agree any remedial work as part of the scope of the price - drop it by the value of the work to be done; agree to take it on yourself and redo the work how you want it rather than on the cheap as they'd do it.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Placed an offer with EA2 which was 10% lower than current asking price but 5% lower than Dec price. Got rejected straight away.

EA2 also said...

(1) One of the buyers failed last time keen to be back and waiting for sale of his house...!!
                    (2) One of the other buyer (who was incidently visited while we were viewing....hmmm) is keen and planned second viewing this week !!
                    (3) Last 2 failed sales where only 5% below current asking price (ie house was 'sold' both times above then asking price though it took 10 months and 2 Failed sales)

All looks to be **** pressure tactics... Knowing that how to respond..?? When to up price and what to make seller nervious..??? What should be my next move..?? What pressure tactics I should apply..?

Comment

Having two viewings at the same time, unless it was an open house day, is either poor management by the EA or a sham to drive the price up.

Leave it a week. Make sure the EA knows you're actively looking at other properties.

Comment

Working...
                      X