• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say leave it a week but it does depend how quick the market is in your area. This house doesn't seem to be shifting so you could have the luxury of time.

Comment

It wasn't two viewing @ same time, other buyer came in as we are about to leave . We were over our slot by 5 minutes, by then second party came in. But I will not be surprised if was a planned move to make both parties nervous.

Comment

Planning to be quite for couple of days atleast and then make another offer..?

Comment

negotiations can be a nightmare.
          I was after a house a year or two ago. i really wanted but knew it was overpriced. it had already fallen through twice
          up for 525k and I originally offered 475. obviously that got rejected. after a few rounds of negotiation they stated the lowest they would go was 515. More than I was willing to pay even though i really loved it.
          we stepped back and another buyer came in and got an offer accepted. I left a message with the estate agent that if anything happened they should let me know.
          4 months later they came back on the market with it and I was contacted. At this point I was in the process of buying a new build but was not committed.
          I offered a flat 508, which was accepted. I had the condition that they get a move on because we wanted to be in before the next school year started and because I had that outstanding new property that I wasnt going to let go until we had completed. they had 3 months to sort things out.
          8 weeks later they still hadnt filled in the basic paperwork so there was no chance of a completion in time. i withdrew the offer (got slagged off by the estate agent) and bought the new house (which i also love)
          that house then sold about 8 months later for 500k.
          It's the way it goes...some sellers are greedy and stupid. It's now clear the previous fall throughs were due to the sellers (who i think were splitting up) and not because of the buyers as I was originally told.
          EDIT... If it's what you want then I would quickly negotiate to the price you are willing to pay and walk away if they wont go there.
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post

No, ask them for a counter offer, although you really wanted to do that as soon as the agent said no.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is this your first house? Because you're really making a pig's ear of the process.

As others have said, make a realistic offer, make it clear that if it isn't accepted you're walking away - it's a commercial transaction, you're not trying to make friends.
              Last edited by Zigenare; 28 January 2020, 09:48.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Let them wait a week, then make an offer that is high enough to make them accept on the spot, like 10-20k over asking price.

After they accept it, you have some time to withdraw the offer. Use up all that time and withdraw the offer at the last minute.

That'll teach them.

Then look for another property and forget about it

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                  Let them wait a week, then make an offer that is high enough to make them accept on the spot, like 10-20k over asking price.

After they accept it, you have some time to withdraw the offer. Use up all that time and withdraw the offer at the last minute.

That'll teach them.

Then look for another property and forget about it

Comment

Find out if the agent is on commission or a fixed fee. That'll make a big difference as to how flexible the agent wants to be on rate too.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Find out if the agent is on commission or a fixed fee. That'll make a big difference as to how flexible the agent wants to be on rate too.
                      Ok. That makes mense. But most of agencies are at commission basis I thought??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                      X