• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    And my buyer is getting impatient as well. I took narly 8 months to sell mine that too after dropping price by 5%..
    So how long has your buyer been waiting?
    Have you discussed exchange dates?
    If you don't get this house, will you move in to rented, or are you happy to lose the sale of yours?

If it took 8 months to sell yours and you had to drop the price, that would make someone think it was on at too high a price. If someone else puts a house on the market and has offers within days, it's suggesting that they are in the right ballpark.

Are you only looking online or are you actually driving round looking at places?
    Is it just one person making the decision, or are others involved as well?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      If you don't get this house, will you move in to rented, or are you happy to lose the sale of yours?

If it took 8 months to sell yours and you had to drop the price, that would make someone think it was on at too high a price. If someone else puts a house on the market and has offers within days, it's suggesting that they are in the right ballpark.

Are you only looking online or are you actually driving round looking at places?
      The real question is...

Why the Fck are you encouraging him? He spouts more crap than sasguru! PBUH!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

A shovel, a roll of carpet, and a bag of quick lime

Failing that, somebody else's patio.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Buyer is waiting for 1 month + now. Haven't discuss xchage as if i can"t buy one I like selling mine will not happen. No plan to rent...
          Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Yes, only online as 100% properties I am after will be online either RM or Zoopla or EA sites. Me and parter decides on what we like.. 2 only we liked so far..none other liked by either of us..[emoji852]
            Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            The real question is...

Why the Fck are you encouraging him? He spouts more crap than sasguru! PBUH!
            Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

if i can"t buy one I like selling mine will not happen.
              Give me a quick refresh of the situation, please.

Have you already accepted an offer on the property you are selling?

I assume there is a penalty you'd have to pay if you decided not to sell anymore.

Wouldn't that be funny...ending up poorer and not changing house after all.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                Give me a quick refresh of the situation, please.

Have you already accepted an offer on the property you are selling?

I assume there is a penalty you'd have to pay if you decided not to sell anymore.

Wouldn't that be funny...ending up poorer and not changing house after all.
                Surely you only get penalties if you fail to complete after contracts are exchanged?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Surely you only get penalties if you fail to complete after contracts are exchanged?
                  Yes, I haven't signed anything. Just over phone (gentle man's) agreement . Haven't even arranged solicitor. If they are ready to wait untill I find house I will sell it to them only. Property price is going up, so its in their interest as well to stick to my house as they bought it at lower price.

Comment

Yes, I haven't signed anything. Just over phone (gentle man's) agreement . Haven't even arranged solicitor. If they are ready to wait untill I find house I will sell it to them only. Property price is going up, so its in their interest as well to stick to my house as they bought it at lower price.
                    No wonder you're not being taken seriously. You don't even have a solicitor so how can you make a serious offer? I'll bet you don't have a mortgage agreed either. If I was the agent I'd block your number.
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Have to say, a solicitor was the first service I engaged before I even spoke to an estate agent.

Interesting that the agency you've used to sell your house hasn't requested those details. Or did you put a card up in the window of the newsagents?

Comment

Working...
                      X