• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Yes, I haven't signed anything. Just over phone (gentle man's) agreement . Haven't even arranged solicitor. If they are ready to wait untill I find house I will sell it to them only. Property price is going up, so its in their interest as well to stick to my house as they bought it at lower price.
    What a charlatan

Comment

[QUOTE=ladymuck;2721856]Have to say, a solicitor was the first service I engaged before I even spoke to an estate agent.

Interesting that the agency you've used to sell your house hasn't requested those details. Or did you put a card up in the window of the newsagents?

My EA tried their best to make me do that. But no point arranging solicitor until chain is complete.
      Last edited by Darren_Test; 29 January 2020, 05:46.

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
        No wonder you're not being taken seriously. You don't even have a solicitor so how can you make a serious offer? I'll bet you don't have a mortgage agreed either. If I was the agent I'd block your number.
        Mortgage agreed ...

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          What a twat
          FTFY
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My EA tried their best to make me do that. But no point arranging solicitor until chain is complete.
            I don't understand that logic. Why wouldn't you want a solictor lined up ready to go? It's not costing you anything while they wait for your instruction.

Comment

Do you know how long it will take for the solicitor to do their job?

Does the buyer have a solicitor sorted already?

Are you aware that you only pay them to do work, you don't pay them a retainer?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Local ones we need to pay partial even if sale didn't happen based on how much time they spent till that time. Online ones mostly have 'no pay no sale' policy. But I need to see if I can instruct and put on hold to do any search untill chain is complete..??I am waiting for their response on that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Buyer"s solicitor is ready..

Comment

Buyer is waiting for 1 month + now. Haven't discuss xchage as if i can"t buy one I like selling mine will not happen. No plan to rent...

Fella, you're just wasting everyone's time .... both on here, and in the real world with buyers, sellers and EAs.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Fella, you're just wasting everyone's time .... both on here, and in the real world with buyers, sellers and EAs.
                      Dear Whorty Fella,

If you don"t want to respond this post, Please ignore this post and focus on other 100s post in forum.

I am getting very helpful information from many here and continue to engage them untill they fedup or admin closes this session..or i had enough..

So keep cool (by ignoring this post if u wish) and chillout fella...[emoji41]

Comment

Working...
                      X