• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property Advice!! How to deal with Estate Agents??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    Local ones we need to pay partial even if sale didn't happen based on how much time they spent till that time. Online ones mostly have 'no pay no sale' policy. But I need to see if I can instruct and put on hold to do any search untill chain is complete..??I am waiting for their response on that.
    Do you know how long the searches take?
    How long did it take when you bought the house?
    Were there any things came out during the searches done when you bought it?

Hint: it would make sense (if you want it done quickly) to use the same solicitor you used when you moved into the place, as they will have the paperwork from the last time. It might not be the cheapest, but it will be quicker.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thanks..it was smooth operation when I bought it except the fact that service contractor took ages to comfirm arrears etc.
      Luckly that contractor gone and new one now.

I prefer my previous solicitor as well whom I used for both my purchases, but my buyer already using them. So EA told that might be a conflict of interest for me to use same group??? Also even after me requesting it they haven't provided me a quote...

I might be able to use another oerson from same group but not sure that is ideal..??
      Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Do you know how long the searches take?
      How long did it take when you bought the house?
      Were there any things came out during the searches done when you bought it?

Hint: it would make sense (if you want it done quickly) to use the same solicitor you used when you moved into the place, as they will have the paperwork from the last time. It might not be the cheapest, but it will be quicker.
      Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Thanks..it was smooth operation when I bought it except the fact that service contractor took ages to comfirm arrears etc.

I prefer my previous solicitor as well whom I used for both my purchases, but my buyer already using them. So EA told that might be a conflict of interest for me to use same group??? Also even after me requesting it they haven't provided me a quote...

I might be able to use another oerson from same group but not sure that is ideal..??
        You could use a different branch of the same group, but let me go back to the question: how long did it take the last time? How many days/weeks?

You can't exchange until the checks have been done.
        You can't complete until you exchange.

You need to prepare yourself for the buyer to walk away, because you're wasting their time, and if they have a chain, you're wasting the time of everyone else in the chain.

Comment

no but he holds all the cards!

who needs a solicitor?

what a moron.

Comment

I hate to tell you this, but you don't have a buyer. What you have is a vague conversation with someone who might like your house. So if you decide to make a proper offer on the one you want you're going to be scrambling about at the last minute trying to find a solicitor & get yours on the market.
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

You could use a different branch of the same group, but let me go back to the question: how long did it take the last time? How many days/weeks?

You can't exchange until the checks have been done.
              You can't complete until you exchange.

You need to prepare yourself for the buyer to walk away, because you're wasting their time, and if they have a chain, you're wasting the time of everyone else in the chain.
              That solicitor was local one, not chain.

All but service charge arrear confirmation took 1 month only.

I am aware If i can't sort it out by feb 1st my buyer will walk away...

Comment

I am 'instructing' solicitor this week and telling them not to do anything (hold). Informing same to EA as well. In that way solicitor willl be ready to go, when ( if) i need them..
                Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                I hate to tell you this, but you don't have a buyer. What you have is a vague conversation with someone who might like your house. So if you decide to make a proper offer on the one you want you're going to be scrambling about at the last minute trying to find a solicitor & get yours on the market.

Comment

That solicitor was local one, not chain.

All but service charge arrear confirmation took 1 month only.

I am aware If i can't sort it out by feb 1st my buyer will walk away...

OK, avoiding the question as ever.
                  How long including the service charge issue?

Comment

After chain completion it look 3 months..3 months to complete chain before that..
                    OK, avoiding the question as ever.
                    How long including the service charge issue?

Comment

Dear Whorty Fella,

If you don"t want to respond this post, Please ignore this post and focus on other 100s post in forum.

I am getting very helpful information from many here and continue to engage them untill they fedup or admin closes this session..or i had enough..

So keep cool (by ignoring this post if u wish) and chillout fella...[emoji41]

You had mine, and other's, advice way back on pages 1, 2 and 3. You keep asking the same stupid questions when you've already been given advice. You're either looking for an answer that doesn't exist, or you're trolling.

Given you haven't even sorted a solicitor out, you're certainly wasting the time of your buyers. They will figure this out and they will find somewhere else to buy. It's taken you 8 months to find a buyer, it's a buyer's market, and yet you're happy to mess them about?

Like I say bud, you're either a troll or just wasting everyone's time.

And, for the record, if you're dumb enough to post a question in a public forum, I'm more than happy to call you out. If you don't want me to post, can I suggest you keep your questions off General? Try Mumsnet ... you might find the answer you desire on there
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X