• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make up for men?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make up for men?

John Lewis is selling make-up for men: A sign of the times or a short-lived stunt? | The Independent

Why not just buy women's makeup?

I bet its the same product, rebranded at twice the price....

Like men’s tampons

Double the price

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

What complete nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        John Lewis is selling make-up for men: A sign of the times or a short-lived stunt? | The Independent

Why not just buy women's makeup?

I bet its the same product, rebranded at twice the price....
        Men's & women's skin is different, so different needs.

I actually saw the guy on dragon's den. Apparently, going to a men's make up counter is less intimidating than going to a women's one, too. Although I would have thought the type of men who wear make up are hardly the shy retiring types. But then that's maybe me stereotyping!
        If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Bollocks is there a significant difference. No more so than the difference between coloured skins types.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Bollocks is there a significant difference. No more so than the difference between coloured skins types.
            Bollocks is one significant difference. Except for NLyUK that is.

is a man's skin really different from a woman's?

Besides having facial hair, there are structural differences between a man’s skin and a woman’s. Androgen (testosterone) stimulation causes an increase in skin thickness, which accounts for why a man’s skin is about 25% thicker than a woman’s. In addition to being thicker, a man’s skin texture is tougher.

Sebum (oil) and its production also differ. After puberty, sebum production is greater in males than females, which is attributed to androgen secretions and accounts for why men have longer lasting acne.

Regardless of age, men also have a higher collagen density than women. Because collagen content is directly related to the signs of skin ageing, it has been said a woman’s skin is about 15 years older than a man’s of the same age. However, men are less sun savvy than women, meaning they don’t use sunscreens, and could contribute to why the “15 year” skin age difference is not readily noticed. UV damage from the sun can add years to a man’s skin and negate the benefit of slowed intrinsic ageing.

-------------------

Of course that source may be bollocks. But isn't that the bedrock of CUK?

Comment

Bollocks is one significant difference. Except for NLyUK that is.

is a man's skin really different from a woman's?

Besides having facial hair, there are structural differences between a man’s skin and a woman’s. Androgen (testosterone) stimulation causes an increase in skin thickness, which accounts for why a man’s skin is about 25% thicker than a woman’s. In addition to being thicker, a man’s skin texture is tougher.

Sebum (oil) and its production also differ. After puberty, sebum production is greater in males than females, which is attributed to androgen secretions and accounts for why men have longer lasting acne.

Regardless of age, men also have a higher collagen density than women. Because collagen content is directly related to the signs of skin ageing, it has been said a woman’s skin is about 15 years older than a man’s of the same age. However, men are less sun savvy than women, meaning they don’t use sunscreens, and could contribute to why the “15 year” skin age difference is not readily noticed. UV damage from the sun can add years to a man’s skin and negate the benefit of slowed intrinsic ageing.

-------------------

Of course that source may be bollocks. But isn't that the bedrock of CUK?
              you looking to take over from JtB as CUK's biggest bore, or is this a step on the way to Welsh citizenship?

asking for a friend, honest guv.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                you looking to take over from JtB as CUK's biggest bore, or is this a step on the way to Welsh citizenship?

asking for a friend, honest guv.

I thought I already was! I must try harder.....

Comment

I thought I already was! I must try harder.....
                  you'll have to up your game, old son.
                  lose all sense of humour for a start.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    you'll have to up your game, old son.
                    lose all sense of humour for a start.

He had one???

Comment

Working...
                    X