• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cuz I is white?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    "White Male Privilege" is an expression used by my Sister-in-Law. She's also a University Lecturer. Go figure.
    "pale male and stale" is an openly used term at my clientco when discussing the introduction of 'positive action' to our hiring practices.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      "pale male and stale" is an openly used term at my clientco when discussing the introduction of 'positive action' to our hiring practices.
      Splendid, try throwing back "Diversity Equals Dilution".
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Splendid, try throwing back "Diversity Equals Dilution".

I prefer "who gives a tulip what they are, question is are they any good?"

that should be the only metric.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I prefer "who gives a tulip what they are, question is are they any good?"

that should be the only metric.
          Bingo!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Maybe they've not been infected with the PC virus yet.
            I think this is probably true.
            So the rise of racism in the UK will put us above France & Eastern Europe?
            Might do. Societal changes can happen very quickly. It wasn't long ago that arguing against gay marriage was acceptable. Now it's regarded as being utterly beyond the pale.
            Bingo!
            Over in foreign land, there's a vote on whether to extend hate laws to protect homosexuals from homophobic comments. The argument from a right-wing homosexual politician is that it's unnecessary, and what homosexuals largely want is equality under the law, not special treatment. It really shows how leftist intersectionalist theory has penetrated into the mainstream.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Might do. Societal changes can happen very quickly. It wasn't long ago that arguing against gay marriage was acceptable. Now it's regarded as being utterly beyond the pale.
              Over in foreign land, there's a vote on whether to extend hate laws to protect homosexuals from homophobic comments. The argument from a right-wing homosexual politician is that it's unnecessary, and what homosexuals largely want is equality under the law, not special treatment. It really shows how leftist intersectionalist theory has penetrated into the mainstream.
              It really shows how leftist intersectionalist theory has penetrated into the mainstream.
              It seems these days that issues which are statistically not the norm are being projected as norm. We are now being subjected to the "vegan" ideology, which clearly statistically is not the normal eating pattern.

Comment

It still smarts, doesn't it?

Let it go!
                the gogs are a different breed from the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                  It seems these days that issues which are statistically not the norm are being projected as norm. We are now being subjected to the "vegan" ideology, which clearly statistically is not the normal eating pattern.
                  People happy with the status quo don't have a tendency to protest. Therefore any "protesting" will garner attention.

As for Vegans, they're a bunch of intolerant ******* who need to be wiped off the face of the planet - opinions my own.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Yes societal changes for the better are normally quite quick.Perverting a whole populace takes a little longer.

I'm quite happy for sexuality to be a protected characteristic some people (I use the term loosely) have a problem with others being gay and try to make their unpleasant views felt. I believe the same for other protected characteristics should be protected so such scum can be prosecuted. But as that gentlemen says its not preferential treatment they are after just equal treatment.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes societal changes for the better are normally quite quick.Perverting a whole populace takes a little longer.
                      Frankly I doubt it, but I admire your optimism. Also, your phraseology made me smile, since there are those who'd consider allowing gay marriage to be exactly perverting a whole populace.

And look how quickly opinion was swayed concerning <censored. wrong forum>.

My wife was watching Loose Women. There was an impassioned speech from one of the Asian panel members, pointing out that racism isn't just white people. It exists in BAME communities as much as in the white population - perhaps even more. Deny the validity of Fox's point of view by dismissing it as speaking from white male privilege is really ignorant/ideological behaviour. She has no idea what his experience and knowledge of racism and how it affects people is.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X