• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it cuz I is white?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it cuz I is white?

Laurence Fox clashes with Question Time audience member over Meghan Markle racism row | London Evening Standard

not done this yet?

Laurence Fox clashed with a Question Time audience member as he rejected claims of racism against the Duchess of Sussex, before saying it was "racist" to be called a "white, privileged male."
    Interesting the Guardian is filled with variations of this story accusing Fox of being the bad guy and describing the use of a persons skin colour as an insult as perfectly acceptable - so long as that colour is white.

So what do the panel think?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Laurence Fox clashes with Question Time audience member over Meghan Markle racism row | London Evening Standard

not done this yet?

Interesting the Guardian is filled with variations of this story accusing Fox of being the bad guy and describing the use of a persons skin colour as an insult as perfectly acceptable - so long as that colour is whiteskin colour as an insult as perfectly acceptable - so long as that colour is white.

So what do the panel think?
    There are no articles in the Guardian insulting someone because he or she is white.

So there's nothing to discuss.

next.....
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

To be fair, there's nothing in the Guardian worthy of discussion, full stop....

But in this case I side with Fox. Being equal, be it colour, race, sexual preference or shoe size, does not mean demanding preferential treatment. The whole point is that there are no differences in the first place. With the exception of various mouth-breathers, in the UK that's exactly what you get.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        There are no articles in the Guardian insulting someone because he or she is white.

So there's nothing to discuss.

next.....

ah a cutting riposte from someone who can't even manage a copy & paste operation.....

of course you would have difficulty finding anything as you are out of the sub forum where the dimmest post.

here let me.

Memo to those who’ve been raucously applauding actor Laurence Fox’s “anti-PC” outburst on Question Time. No, Fox wasn’t “brave” or “refreshing” in dismissing the racism aimed at Meghan Markle. When a mixed-race university lecturer in the audience pointed out that he was speaking as a white privileged male, Fox embarrassed himself by retorting: “I was born like this… So to call me a white privileged male is to be racist – you’re being racist.”
        This ‘plain-speaking’ culture war has the potential to turn poisonous | Barbara Ellen | Opinion | The Guardian

As the panel discussed the media coverage of the duchess, Boyle said from the audience: “Let’s be really clear about what this is, let’s call it by its name – it’s racism. She’s a black woman and she has been torn to pieces.”

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you

Read more

“It’s not racism,” Fox responded from the panel. “We’re the most tolerant, lovely country in Europe. It’s so easy to just throw your charge of racism at everybody and it’s starting to get boring now.”
        Boyle then described Fox as a “white privileged male”, which led the actor to label her as racist.
        Boyle believes it was Fox’s immediate response to her comments – rather than the point she made about the press – that made the row “go nuclear”. “It was the way in which he dismissed my perspective, talked over me and then made really ridiculous statements for which he has no basis apart from his own personal position.”

Lecturer says she faced online abuse after Question Time clash with Laurence Fox | Television & radio | The Guardian

Comment

ah a cutting riposte from someone who can't even manage a copy & paste operation.....

of course you would have difficulty finding anything as you are out of the sub forum where the dimmest post.

here let me.

This ‘plain-speaking’ culture war has the potential to turn poisonous | Barbara Ellen | Opinion | The Guardian

Lecturer says she faced online abuse after Question Time clash with Laurence Fox | Television & radio | The Guardian
          That isn't a racist insult, these are racist insults:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/exclu...naCNEyvbKdZawz
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

"White Male Privilege" is an expression used by my Sister-in-Law. She's also a University Lecturer. Go figure.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              That isn't a racist insult, these are racist insults:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/exclu...naCNEyvbKdZawz

Actually very few are you may believe they are driven by race but you haven't proven it.

Phrases included “self-loathing race traitor”, “trailer trash”, “meghan the queen, of monkey island”, “the woke Meghan bint” and “poisonous cow”. Markle was also described as a “bitch”, “c*nt”, “whore”, “slut” and “witch”, among other terms.

race traitor - hmm which race(?) is she a traitor to, whose opinion is this? possibly racist.

Trailer trash - nope not racist it normally refers to white people Trailer trash - Wikipedia

Queen of monkey Island - yes

the woke Meghan bint - nope it is sexist

poisonous cow - nope sexist

the other ones are all sexist.

Apparently they are all misogynist as well, but of course we don't know the gender of the people who posted them, I have heard most of those terms uttered by women about women.

Now yes we need to stamp out racism but we also be very clear that everyone should be careful of playing the race card.

The argument started because the woke ******* (not race or gender specific ) suggested that the press coverage of her was racist, an assertion they have completely failed to prove. Mr Fox pointed out the accusers are as bad as some racists because they judge people solely on their colour just like Baroness Warsi

Matt Hancock: Tory minister accused of 'whitesplaining' Islamophobia to senior Muslim Conservative | The Independent

or Diane Abbot

MP Diane Abbott 'sorry' over Twitter race comments - BBC News

etc.

You seem to be talking horse tulip as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                "White Male Privilege" is an expression used by my Sister-in-Law. She's also a University Lecturer. Go figure.

pay for the divorce and save your brother a lot of pain?

Comment

Actually very few are you may believe they are driven by race but you haven't proven it.

race traitor - hmm which race(?) is she a traitor to, whose opinion is this? possibly racist.

Trailer trash - nope not racist it normally refers to white people Trailer trash - Wikipedia

Queen of monkey Island - yes

the woke Meghan bint - nope it is sexist

poisonous cow - nope sexist

the other ones are all sexist.

Apparently they are all misogynist as well, but of course we don't know the gender of the people who posted them, I have heard most of those terms uttered by women about women.

Now yes we need to stamp out racism but we also be very clear that everyone should be careful of playing the race card.

The argument started because the woke ******* (not race or gender specific ) suggested that the press coverage of her was racist, an assertion they have completely failed to prove. Mr Fox pointed out the accusers are as bad as some racists because they judge people solely on their colour just like Baroness Warsi

Matt Hancock: Tory minister accused of 'whitesplaining' Islamophobia to senior Muslim Conservative | The Independent

or Diane Abbot

MP Diane Abbott 'sorry' over Twitter race comments - BBC News

etc.

You seem to be talking horse tulip as usual.
                  You've illustrated my point; Diane Abbott apologised, so obviously it's not acceptable to be disparaging about white people. Thx for that, QED as they say.

So nothing really to discuss....

next
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

pay for the divorce and save your brother a lot of pain?
                    She's my wife's sister...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X