• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oops our more portly members are fecked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    It depends if she's more attractive than my wife...
    Your wife said the same so unless the knifeman is Baldrick you are fecked...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
      It would not just be murder if you chose to push that fat man, it would also be a breach of his human rights, under European human rights law.

I base this conclusion on two things I remember reading:-
      1. The German airforce asked a German court to rule on whether they could shoot down a hijacked airliner in a 911 scenario. The answer was no. You cannot kill one set of people to save another, the numbers involved are irrelevant.
      2. In a reality TV program I didn't see but read reports of, contestants played the role of politicians and had to decide whether they could destroy a dam, killing one person who had resisted all attempts to move them out of the way, in order to prevent a flood elsewhere that would kill far more people. The contestants were advised by actual civil servants who'd deal with this in real life. Apparently the correct answer was once again that it would be illegal to kill one person to save others.

This AIUI is why they are trained to push the airline to land by using their wings & fuselage.

Taser the muppet
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Your wife said the same so unless the knifeman is Baldrick you are fecked...
        You're demonstrating your lack of imagination there...
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
        X