• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most contractor unfriendly clients and clients managers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If buying beer is expected then you can expense it I suppose? And as a B2B relationship great for IR35.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      What was their sin?
      One was magick numbers in the code, the other was somewhere I decided I didn't want to work.

At a third place it took me 3 weeks to realise I know nothing about writing safety critical software though the client didn't seem to care much*.

*I note that's changed in recent years. I wonder if they got sued for killing someone. It didn't help that on the 2nd week my desk got moved from downstairs with a window to upstairs next to the cadaver room.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        I remember as a wet behind the ears junior dev from oop North being dragged around various seedy Liverpool street strip bars by senior contractors. One prevailing memory is one of the more lively members of our squad spitting his pint of fizzy onto one of the dancers jugs and we were all ejected rather quickly.
        Ah so you've met Tarby!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          If buying beer is expected then you can expense it I suppose? And as a B2B relationship great for IR35.
          Indeed I once got a £200 a day increase because I got the beers in at ALL events

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
          X