• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Banking recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Banking recommendation

I am going to move my personal banking away from HSBC in view of their contractor ban.

Would like some recommendations please.

I need a very occasional overdraft, and online banking, a few direct debits, that's about all.

Starling

Setup in 20 mins

Job done

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Yes, any new bank is pretty good. Starling, Monzo....all excellent.

Comment

Coutts

HTH

sadguru

Comment

First Direct used to top the charts in terms of customer service.

Also possibly worth looking at who is offering the most cash to move over?

Whilst I think the challenger banks, like starling and monzo etc, are worth a look I am wary of how stable they are. Being totally online it's hard to get hold of help when t'internet goes tango uniform. At least you can phone one of the old fashioned banks and shout at someone on a different continent. Have a back up bank just in case that always has emergency quids accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            First Direct used to top the charts in terms of customer service.

Also possibly worth looking at who is offering the most cash to move over?

Whilst I think the challenger banks, like starling and monzo etc, are worth a look I am wary of how stable they are. Being totally online it's hard to get hold of help when t'internet goes tango uniform. At least you can phone one of the old fashioned banks and shout at someone on a different continent. Have a back up bank just in case that always has emergency quids accessible.
            I have all accounts with all three banks (and more of the online challenger ones).

First Direct is good but it's also HSBC so fails the OP's test.

Starling and Monzo are really much of a muchness. Monzo feels slightly cooler but Starling does cash withdrawals without a fee worldwide while Monzo doesn't.

I also have a revolut card that saved me a couple of times in the US when other cards weren't working in a cashpoint so get a backup. I wouldn't use Revolut as my main bank though as today's newspaper stories may clarify but it's a good backup and a good means of accessing money while abroad.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              I am going to move my personal banking away from HSBC in view of their contractor ban.

Would like some recommendations please.

I need a very occasional overdraft, and online banking, a few direct debits, that's about all.
              Who ever MyCo is banked with, as most of the important transactions will be between the two, its the most important relationship
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

First Direct is good but it's also HSBC so fails the OP's test
                GPWM, I forgot who owns them

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Who ever MyCo is banked with, as most of the important transactions will be between the two, its the most important relationship
                  MyCo banks with Metro - I haven't been overly impressed but can't bothered to change. They haven't made any actual errors. As I am not in that London I cannot visit them in a branch - not that I really care.

Comment

ING
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X