• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Different employment options...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different employment options...

Original post trying to help newbies and others has been deleted.

There is no point in a forum. Please contact these users who have all the answers; nothing is acceptable in their eyes unless written by themselves using their vastly superior knowledge:

Northernladuk
    Eek
    cheeseslice
    Last edited by Anubis; 24 January 2020, 07:03.

I think you are mixing up ir35 status with methods of getting paid. Inside is the determination and from that gives you some different options of getting paid.. It's not a payment option as such.

Same goes for outside so it's a little confusing what you are trying to prove here.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I think you are mixing up ir35 status with methods of getting paid. Inside is the determination and from that gives you some different options of getting paid.. It's not a payment option as such.

Same goes for outside so it's a little confusing what you are trying to prove here.
      I guess what's confusing to me and a lot of others is when they say they're offering PAYE - does this mean inside "zero hours" contract or going perm? To some it means one thing and to others it means another.

Just to add, if somebody is deemed "inside" they are going to HAVE to go onto the payroll (and become PAYE) even if they are being paid via invoice. There's no other way for the employer to correctly account for the Tax and NI So....

- Contractor who is "inside IR35" submits invoice
      - Employer puts him on payroll which calculates the Ers NI, Ees Ni, PAYE, and Net Pay
      - Employer pays the Contractor the Net pay amount (possibly deducting Ers NI as well)
      - Employer pays Tax/NI over to HMRC using the Contractor's NI number
      Last edited by Anubis; 23 January 2020, 16:33.

Comment

Any chance of this being a sticky?

Comment

Actually I've read your top post - it doesn't help...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post
            Any chance of this being a sticky?
            I think its too confusing.

Is it an FAQ, a guide (for clients, for contractors), or a glossary?
            Whats the assumed starting point, already inside a contract, a new contract, using a LTD company ?
            And haven't we already got a good sticky about contracting options after April?

I disagree with your statements about an IR35 determination being required or for the same reason NLUK points out.
            How do you know that an IR35 determination wasn't required for a contract eventually taken via a Brolly?
            You also don't recognise the difference between current public sector and private sector contracts.
            and what do you mean by "if somebody is deemed "inside" they are going to HAVE to go onto the payroll (and become PAYE) even if they are being paid via invoice" ? This is just baffling. You can be on an inside gig and not be on the clients payroll. The Off-payroll rules are about paying the right amount of tax, not about putting people directly on the clients payroll (if this is what you mean)
            No mention of agencies here either.

Comment

I give up on this place. It’s a bunch of “experts” constantly arguing over syntax and words; I have to say it’s an unfriendly and unhelpful forum with a select few instantly trying to shut down others by playing word games.

But if that then this, but you forgot to mention that but then...

Weasel words constantly picking fault. It says at the very top “in a nut shell” - as in, it’s not word for word riddles that is known as the actual law. But most are grown up enough to understand it for what it is especially when a few of you...ahem...behave like stroppy teenagers rolling eyes at “basic questions”.

Very very odd place this - it’s cliquey and toxic

Comment

No need to flounce.

If you want to provide an authoritative source of information, nit picking is essential. The legislation isn't simple. If it were, HMRC wouldn't keep losing on technicalities.

Instead of getting the hump, work on improving the information.

DaveB went though several iterations of his post (that is now a sticky) before its nits were deemed sufficiently picked.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post
                  I give up on this place. It’s a bunch of “experts” constantly arguing over syntax and words; I have to say it’s an unfriendly and unhelpful forum with a select few instantly trying to shut down others by playing word games.

But if that then this, but you forgot to mention that but then...

Weasel words constantly picking fault. It says at the very top “in a nut shell” - as in, it’s not word for word riddles that is known as the actual law. But most are grown up enough to understand it for what it is especially when a few of you...ahem...behave like stroppy teenagers rolling eyes at “basic questions”.

Very very odd place this - it’s cliquey and toxic
                  Nope your post is biased with your opinions which are (being generous) inaccurate with reality..

Your permanent position is incorrect - you would just be a member of staff not like one.
                  The FTC one is also incorrect as permanent people don't get any redundancy for less than 2 years.
                  The inside one is wrong

The umbrella one is wrong - they are your employer not in effect
                  Your PSC wrong is incomplete and wrong in places.

And I really still can't be arsed to correct everything as it would be quicker to start from scratch and I don't think it's at all useful.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you want something to be a sticky it's got to be useful information that is thorough and correct. As helpful as maybe to some people it just isn't those.

For example. This isn't right at all.

Just to add, if somebody is deemed "inside" they are going to HAVE to go onto the payroll (and become PAYE) even if they are being paid via invoice.
                    No need to get upset about it though.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X