• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Different employment options...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    you actually talk to your wife ?
    FTFY
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Since the OP has flounced, I'm moving this to general.

The original post was a good idea, but needed refining to clarify and correct. Unfortunately the OP didn't like being challenged by others, so deleted it.

Comment

you actually talk to your wife about interactions on this forum?
        Those long winter evenings must just fly by.
        Dunno why that's odd. I speak to his wife about it as well.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

you actually talk to your wife about interactions on this forum?
          Those long winter evenings must just fly by.
          I used to share with my fella the funnies that Greenlake posted, until he left us.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I used to share with my fella the funnies that Greenlake posted, until he left us.

Your fella has left?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Your fella has left?
              So predictable.

I did consider editing to state the fella hadn't left (yet) but thought I'd see who piped up

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
                I agree about your reason for being risk averse, but if various posters are overtly aggressive and unpleasant in professional forums, a member finding themselves in an apparently inescapable situation and looking desperately for advice may be scared away and never find the help and support they were looking for - which could be the difference between them tackling that insurmountable obstacle or just giving up on it all, possibly giving up on life as well. That would be a very nasty case of someone reading what the poster says and doing something we'd all regret later, so it cuts both ways.

Like other posters, I see that CUK can be toxic, with a select small clique of mouthy keyboard warriors, which can be funny in the right place but isn't appropriate in forums where people go to try and get helpful input on what they see as a real problem. As I have a thick skin I just ignore the clowns and filter out the useful information, but not everyone has that ability, particularly if they're going through a crisis.

In short - if you're going to be a tw@t, do it in the right place. The professional forums are where people go for help, not mockery.

None of this aimed at you Eek, just that your post seemed a suitable one to hang the reply on.
                Quite.

But This Is Specifically Posted In General.

Abandon Hope All Ye Who Post In Here
                If you want a professional answer, then post in the professional forums not in a fecking bear garden.

<brief hiatus>

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Since the OP has flounced, I'm moving this to general.
                Baaaaaastard!
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Quite.

But This Is Specifically Posted In General.

If you want a professional answer, then post in the professional forums not in a fecking bear garden.

<brief hiatus>

Baaaaaastard!
                  Do try to keep up, dear, there's a good fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Do try to keep up, dear, there's a good fellow.
                    I never look in the professional forums.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X