• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A view of IR35 from a hiring manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A view of IR35 from a hiring manager

Hi CUK. For the first time in a while I posted a new article on LI about IR35 and why from a hiring perspective, actually, hiring workers under a brolly looks more attractive than using a permie right now. You all know why it's bad news, but if you'd give the article a read and maybe toss a couple of likes at it to give it some exposure, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, here's the link:

IR35: Unintended Consequences; the Death of the Permanent Employee

I clicked

It's a nice piece. I have a niggle that it doesn't quite go far enough but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

It makes for a good discussion starter though.

Comment

My inbox is already getting hit with unsolicited mails offering fixed-term contracts with umbrellas at permie rates. It's already started; sweat-box, zero-hour Britain with assets at eye-watering levels.

Comment

I see the penny is starting to drop. As stated elsewhere this could be Boris's poll tax.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I see the penny is starting to drop. As stated elsewhere this could be Boris's poll tax.
          No it won't because it doesn't hurt every household in the country. This is precisely the kind of thing that the 'party of business' has been getting away with for decades, and by that I mean f**king over a section of the community that they can fob off the complaints of. You'll be spun as a bunch of 'greedy tax dodging scum, avoiding paying your fair share of tax' and they will have brought this abuse to an end.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

aahhh, the clenched buttocks of the new wave contractors.

shame..................

Comment

don't worry Boris is opening the flood gates.. Highly skilled migrants will be available at minimum wage.

Doesn't he know they need the middle earners for the second 60% of tax that the low earners need as subsidies.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                don't worry Boris is opening the flood gates.. Highly skilled migrants will be available at minimum wage.

Doesn't he know they need the middle earners for the second 60% of tax that the low earners need as subsidies.
                Boris doesn't give a ****, because regardless of the damage he does to large swathes of industry, workers incomes, small business, one man band arse-on-seat contractors, people's ability to earn enough to pay themselves, he'll never find himself in difficulty and neither will his sycophants in the parliamentary Tory party. Even worse, there are thick c**nts who vote for people like him, probably people like you, who will carry on doing it and shouting 'it would have been much worse with Corbyn'.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  No it won't because it doesn't hurt every household in the country. This is precisely the kind of thing that the 'party of business' has been getting away with for decades, and by that I mean f**king over a section of the community that they can fob off the complaints of. You'll be spun as a bunch of 'greedy tax dodging scum, avoiding paying your fair share of tax' and they will have brought this abuse to an end.
                  If more companies follow the model being discussed in Mattfx's post then it ultimately will affect a lot of households. It's the perfect way to get around a lot of pesky nonsense like Uber, Deliveroo, Hermes couriers etc. Put everyone you can't offshore through an umbrella - pick up and drop as you wish, no rights, no benefits. It'll take a good few years but it's not entirely improbable.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    If more companies follow the model being discussed in Mattfx's post then it ultimately will affect a lot of households. It's the perfect way to get around a lot of pesky nonsense like Uber, Deliveroo, Hermes couriers etc. Put everyone you can't offshore through an umbrella - pick up and drop as you wish, no rights, no benefits. It'll take a good few years but it's not entirely improbable.
                    I don't disagree with anything you're saying. What I don't agree with is that it will become Boris' Poll Tax moment. There will always be more idiots who will believe that we are just 'taking back control, punishing the elite, keeping out the lefties, getting ***** done' and a hundred other reasons that the useful idiots lap up like retarded poodles.

There were large numbers of people on this very forum who laughed about the prospect of extending the scope of IR35 in the public sector coming out with all sorts of stupid tulipe about why it wouldn't happen in the private sector, principally, that the tories support business and the private sector. In a way they were right, they support the upper echelons of the private sector and in doing so, are happy to bum-rape the people who actually work in any sort of 'industry' because there are literally millions of people in third world countries who can replace them, cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                    X