A view of IR35 from a hiring manager A view of IR35 from a hiring manager
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 72

Fingers like lightning

mattfx is NOT a disguised employee

Default A view of IR35 from a hiring manager

Hi CUK. For the first time in a while I posted a new article on LI about IR35 and why from a hiring perspective, actually, hiring workers under a brolly looks more attractive than using a permie right now. You all know why it's bad news, but if you'd give the article a read and maybe toss a couple of likes at it to give it some exposure, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, here's the link:

IR35: Unintended Consequences; the Death of the Permanent Employee

Godlike

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

I clicked

It's a nice piece. I have a niggle that it doesn't quite go far enough but I can't put my finger on exactly why.

It makes for a good discussion starter though.

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

My inbox is already getting hit with unsolicited mails offering fixed-term contracts with umbrellas at permie rates. It's already started; sweat-box, zero-hour Britain with assets at eye-watering levels.

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

I see the penny is starting to drop. As stated elsewhere this could be Boris's poll tax.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I see the penny is starting to drop. As stated elsewhere this could be Boris's poll tax.
    No it won't because it doesn't hurt every household in the country. This is precisely the kind of thing that the 'party of business' has been getting away with for decades, and by that I mean f**king over a section of the community that they can fob off the complaints of. You'll be spun as a bunch of 'greedy tax dodging scum, avoiding paying your fair share of tax' and they will have brought this abuse to an end.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

aahhh, the clenched buttocks of the new wave contractors.

shame..................

Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

don't worry Boris is opening the flood gates.. Highly skilled migrants will be available at minimum wage.

Doesn't he know they need the middle earners for the second 60% of tax that the low earners need as subsidies.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    don't worry Boris is opening the flood gates.. Highly skilled migrants will be available at minimum wage.

Doesn't he know they need the middle earners for the second 60% of tax that the low earners need as subsidies.
    Boris doesn't give a ****, because regardless of the damage he does to large swathes of industry, workers incomes, small business, one man band arse-on-seat contractors, people's ability to earn enough to pay themselves, he'll never find himself in difficulty and neither will his sycophants in the parliamentary Tory party. Even worse, there are thick c**nts who vote for people like him, probably people like you, who will carry on doing it and shouting 'it would have been much worse with Corbyn'.

Godlike

ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    No it won't because it doesn't hurt every household in the country. This is precisely the kind of thing that the 'party of business' has been getting away with for decades, and by that I mean f**king over a section of the community that they can fob off the complaints of. You'll be spun as a bunch of 'greedy tax dodging scum, avoiding paying your fair share of tax' and they will have brought this abuse to an end.
    If more companies follow the model being discussed in Mattfx's post then it ultimately will affect a lot of households. It's the perfect way to get around a lot of pesky nonsense like Uber, Deliveroo, Hermes couriers etc. Put everyone you can't offshore through an umbrella - pick up and drop as you wish, no rights, no benefits. It'll take a good few years but it's not entirely improbable.

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    If more companies follow the model being discussed in Mattfx's post then it ultimately will affect a lot of households. It's the perfect way to get around a lot of pesky nonsense like Uber, Deliveroo, Hermes couriers etc. Put everyone you can't offshore through an umbrella - pick up and drop as you wish, no rights, no benefits. It'll take a good few years but it's not entirely improbable.
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying. What I don't agree with is that it will become Boris' Poll Tax moment. There will always be more idiots who will believe that we are just 'taking back control, punishing the elite, keeping out the lefties, getting ***** done' and a hundred other reasons that the useful idiots lap up like retarded poodles.

There were large numbers of people on this very forum who laughed about the prospect of extending the scope of IR35 in the public sector coming out with all sorts of stupid tulipe about why it wouldn't happen in the private sector, principally, that the tories support business and the private sector. In a way they were right, they support the upper echelons of the private sector and in doing so, are happy to bum-rape the people who actually work in any sort of 'industry' because there are literally millions of people in third world countries who can replace them, cheaper.