• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it like working for the likes of InfoSys, Wipro, TechMahindra etc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want:
    - To be bossed around like a slave and thus work inside IR35
    - Paid the lowest rate possible
    - to be replaced as soon as you have trained their permie who works in India for $9 per day

If yes to all of the above: Do it

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      You want:
      - To be bossed around like a slave and thus work inside IR35
      - Paid the lowest rate possible
      - to be replaced as soon as you have trained their permie who works in India for $9 per day

If yes to all of the above: Do it
      Plus
      Like chasing someone overseas to authorise your timesheet
      Like being paid your due invoices late
      Like waiting months for expenses to be authorised and further months to receive payment

No, Never again, Hell can freeze over...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisHadfield View Post
        What is it like working for the likes of InfoSys, Wipro, TechMahindra etc? Would you work for them?
        Never and I am an Indian.
        There is too much politics ,brown nosing, low pay, long working hours etc etc

Comment

Excellent, go for it. I've worked for 2 of the 3 mentioned and when they contacted me, I told them my rate (actually it was a bit higher) and they were more than happy with that, in fact there was even a bonus for finishing the project on time. Work from home was also no problem but did have to visit the client once a week to do face to face meetings. No interference and they even provided training for a couple of products I had never used. Handover at the end was to the end client and didn't have to deal with any other consultancy staff. Paid on time, easy to understand contract and there has even been follow-up work.Definitely companies that I will also work with...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I've worked for one and have known others who have done the same.

We all tell the same story - that is, getting the heave-ho without warning x weeks into the project.

Comment

What is it like working for the likes of InfoSys, Wipro, TechMahindra etc? Would you work for them?
              Working for them or working through them in a ltd of umbrella company?

I’ve worked with both. The ones working with them, and I basically agree with the above. Working through them I’ve heard no complaints, the guys have been in their own ltd company so no big shakes.

As seen in the news, all the big banks are forcing these same guys working through them, to go umbrella as well.

Told the ones I know this was coming.

Comment

I personally wouldn't. For me their culture just doesn't work for me. I mean, I have nothing against them Indian companies but I'm just preferred to working in a more western work environment. Working culture in the east is significantly different from the west.

I used to work for a client where they also hired InfoSys consultants. So i got to see first hand their working practices. Having said that, those consultants from InfoSys i met were really nice guys. A few of them eventually became my best mates and even today i still keep in contact with them on a regular basis

Comment

The advantage of working for them is that they don't speak French or any other language . The problem is when the end client finds out that I speak French then they expect more from me.
                  The other advantage or disadvantage is that they ask you standard interview questions and when you arrive on site you end up doing something different.
                  They normally replace you when another Indian's visa arrives,which means I can go on holiday.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                    The advantage of working for them is that they don't speak French or any other language . The problem is when the end client finds out that I speak French then they expect more from me.
                    The other advantage or disadvantage is that they ask you standard interview questions and when you arrive on site you end up doing something different.
                    They normally replace you when another Indian's visa arrives,which means I can go on holiday.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                    Yeah, right, bollocks.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

How are the likes of HSBC so full of this lot, though?

I get that they are cheap, is that the main reason these big companies go for them?

Maybe the management get sold on the "experts" the likes of InfoSys have and don't do any due diligence beyond taking their word for it?

Comment

Working...
                      X