• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Rat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Rat

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      *cough*
      Indeed. It would be a nice touch if a latter day plague turned up today.

Comment

I doubt that it is quite the same as plague. I’m working remotely with Russian and Chinese colleagues, the Chinese are fit as fiddles while all the Russians were off sick last week with flu.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Am I the only one wondering why the Chinese have reacted so strongly to this outbreak? Quarantining 53 million people? WTAF? What is REALLY going on on the ground over there?

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            Am I the only one wondering why the Chinese have reacted so strongly to this outbreak? Quarantining 53 million people? WTAF? What is REALLY going on on the ground over there?

Spreading quite quickly, people dying. Yeah, no reason at all to try and contain it.

No idea what the incubation period is but, if it's as little as 24-48 hours, that's a long distance you can travel in that time and a lot of people you can come into contact with before you start suffering/showing symptoms.

I'd rather err on the side of caution myself and am grateful the Chinese are this time sharing information about the virus to help other countries know what to look for.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Spreading quite quickly, people dying. Yeah, no reason at all to try and contain it.

No idea what the incubation period is but, if it's as little as 24-48 hours, that's a long distance you can travel in that time and a lot of people you can come into contact with before you start suffering/showing symptoms.

I'd rather err on the side of caution myself and am grateful the Chinese are this time sharing information about the virus to help other countries know what to look for.
                A typical flue like virus only needs one virus to be breathed in before attaching itself to the lung/s. It will multiply 1000 fold in 12 hours. Symptoms show in 24 hours by which time it has already spread. Furthermore, symptoms show that the immune system is working. A person with with a weak immune system may feel ok and then pop their clogs without notice.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I doubt that it is quite the same as plague. I’m working remotely with Russian and Chinese colleagues, the Chinese are fit as fiddles while all the Russians were off sick last week with vodka.
                  FTFY

Comment

Rat-on-a-stick - Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                    X