Happy Rat Happy Rat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Happy Rat

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Default Happy Rat

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

*cough*

Contractor Among Contractors

PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    *cough*
    Indeed. It would be a nice touch if a latter day plague turned up today.

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

I doubt that it is quite the same as plague. I’m working remotely with Russian and Chinese colleagues, the Chinese are fit as fiddles while all the Russians were off sick last week with flu.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make myself look wise and well read."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Fingers like lightning

wattaj is NOT a disguised employee

Am I the only one wondering why the Chinese have reacted so strongly to this outbreak? Quarantining 53 million people? WTAF? What is REALLY going on on the ground over there?

---

Former member of IPSE.

---

"...a poster boy for the union" (sic) - TestMangler '20

"Quisling!" "...BritNats like you who will always be Nawbags..." - Batcher '20

---

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why the Chinese have reacted so strongly to this outbreak? Quarantining 53 million people? WTAF? What is REALLY going on on the ground over there?

Spreading quite quickly, people dying. Yeah, no reason at all to try and contain it.

No idea what the incubation period is but, if it's as little as 24-48 hours, that's a long distance you can travel in that time and a lot of people you can come into contact with before you start suffering/showing symptoms.

I'd rather err on the side of caution myself and am grateful the Chinese are this time sharing information about the virus to help other countries know what to look for.

Should post faster

GigiBronz is a permanent contractor

Double Godlike!

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Spreading quite quickly, people dying. Yeah, no reason at all to try and contain it.

No idea what the incubation period is but, if it's as little as 24-48 hours, that's a long distance you can travel in that time and a lot of people you can come into contact with before you start suffering/showing symptoms.

I'd rather err on the side of caution myself and am grateful the Chinese are this time sharing information about the virus to help other countries know what to look for.
    A typical flue like virus only needs one virus to be breathed in before attaching itself to the lung/s. It will multiply 1000 fold in 12 hours. Symptoms show in 24 hours by which time it has already spread. Furthermore, symptoms show that the immune system is working. A person with with a weak immune system may feel ok and then pop their clogs without notice.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    I doubt that it is quite the same as plague. I’m working remotely with Russian and Chinese colleagues, the Chinese are fit as fiddles while all the Russians were off sick last week with vodka.
    FTFY

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.