• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Prime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime

I never used to have a problem with Amazon - they always delivered on time & to my specified secure location if I'm not in.

Last delivery (an iPad) didn't show at all (despite courier claiming it was delivered) & now I know why because my most recent delivery had to be taken in by a passer by. They'd fecking just left it on the pavement! Unbelievable.

In the past they used DPD who were always very good. Now everything is coming via Amazon Logistics & they're absolutely useless.

Certainly won't be ordering anything of value from Amazon again. I'll just pay more from John Lewis & get it deleivered to my local Waitrose

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
    I never used to have a problem with Amazon - they always delivered on time & to my specified secure location if I'm not in.

Last delivery (an iPad) didn't show at all (despite courier claiming it was delivered) & now I know why because my most recent delivery had to be taken in by a passer by. They'd fecking just left it on the pavement! Unbelievable.

In the past they used DPD who were always very good. Now everything is coming via Amazon Logistics & they're absolutely useless.

Certainly won't be ordering anything of value from Amazon again. I'll just pay more from John Lewis & get it deleivered to my local Waitrose
    Or get your high-value deliveries dropped off at an Amazon pick-up point. I *think*that you can change the final drop-off location right up until the final hour of delivery if you're suddenly called away.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

All my Amazon deliveries go to my local convenience store-cum-post office. Saves me being in and means I'm not gambling on them leaving it in a bin.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

people still getting parcels delivered to their door are just asking for trouble.

as already mentioned, have it delivered to a pick up location.

Comment

I’ve got an Amazon Locker about thirty seconds’ walk away now, but a few years ago the closest was in a nearby small town, a ten mile round trip. I still got everything sent there, because the hassle of driving up there of an evening was less than the hassle of dealing with deliveries that had gone astray.

Comment

Next stop in the on-line revolution: Amazon open a shop where one can walk in and buy actual stuff... with cash!
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Next stop in the on-line revolution: Amazon open a shop where one can walk in and buy actual stuff... with cash!
              Like this you mean: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=16008589011
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I’ve got an Amazon Locker about thirty seconds’ walk away now, but a few years ago the closest was in a nearby small town, a ten mile round trip. I still got everything sent there, because the hassle of driving up there of an evening was less than the hassle of dealing with deliveries that had gone astray.
                Amazon lockers were such a great idea! You get your parcel with no need for any sort of human interactions.

I had one like 1km away from home so a couple of years ago I'd use it all the time, but I honestly cannot remember the last time it wasn't full. I even stopped checking.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                  Amazon lockers were such a great idea! You get your parcel with no need for any sort of human interactions.

I had one like 1km away from home so a couple of years ago I'd use it all the time, but I honestly cannot remember the last time it wasn't full. I even stopped checking.
                  I encountered some kind of weird bug the other year where it kept insisting that several local lockers were full, even when I knew one of them wasn’t because I’d taken stuff out of it a few minutes before. They seemed to sort it out eventually, so it may be worth looking again.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
                    people still getting parcels delivered to their door are just asking for trouble.
                    I didn't know it could be a problem until now. DPD were always very good and left things in my specified secure location. My issues started when they changed courier.

Comment

Working...
                    X