• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Unions not concerned?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Contractor Union Notoriously Technical are very concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I think the Contractor Union Notoriously Technical are very concerned.
      The Contractors United National Trade Society are there for you

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        The Contractors United National Trade Society are there for you
        The Dutch are always happy to help with ethnic cleansing.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

There is IPSE, they are the most useless bunch though
          IPSE seem too comfortable, they have too much to lose if IR35 was scrapped. I could be wrong, perhaps they have diversified and don't need the threat of IR35 to keep the membership dues coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsayp View Post
            Perhaps its my lack of research but I am very surprised to find little comment from Unions regarding IR35. Its almost like Freelancers are creating a diversion for a law which is actually reshaping the much wider labour market. Most western governments are struggling to reshape tax for the low paid gig workers working for large businesses so in comes IR35. But I can foresee the legitimisation of a new class of employee through IR35 that employers can use in the future for new hires of any type.
            I still think employers will potentially use this as an opportunity for other purposes much wider than the higher paid contractors (a small part of the labour market). For example, a new hire at company A who might become a paid up union member could be offered employment through a payroll company B with a contract with completely different terms and conditions to other paid up union members in the same company A.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsayp View Post
              I still think employers will potentially use this as an opportunity for other purposes much wider than the higher paid contractors (a small part of the labour market). For example, a new hire at company A who might become a paid up union member could be offered employment through a payroll company B with a contract with completely different terms and conditions to other paid up union members in the same company A.
              Better stop thinking
              Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                IPSE seem too comfortable, they have too much to lose if IR35 was scrapped. I could be wrong, perhaps they have diversified and don't need the threat of IR35 to keep the membership dues coming in.
                IPSE are pretty much ****ed come April 2020. I'd expect them to limp on for a year or so as the membership renewals roll around, but they're looking at a really solid kick in the balance sheet over the next 24 months.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                  Quite right. Their job is to protect their own. The protectors of the working classes are the Labour Party. Unfortunately the working classes voted for the Loony Right, so they're on their own now. And no sympathy from me.
                  Remind me which party introduced IR35 again?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

There is IPSE, they are the most useless bunch though
                    IPSE are nothing like a union, Labour at least listens to the unions
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Yep, you're wrong.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X