• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Unions not concerned?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    IPSE are nothing like a union, Labour at least listens to the unions
    IPSE act like union bullies, at least their members on this forum do. Glad those useless feckers will cease to exist soon
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Yep, you're wrong.
      They've diversified for sure, not sure it will keep the members dues rolling in though
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yep, you're wrong.
        How so? Do enlighten oh great grey beard.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
          How so? Do enlighten oh great grey beard.
          I thought it was fairly obvious. They've diversified into a market of 5m potential members as opposed to 300k or so, and widened their services. The core business of tax protection remains in place, and will be useful when all those people who are outside but are now inside go the FTT in protest.

Perhaps you should lift your eyes above the parapet on occasion.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I thought it was fairly obvious. They've diversified into a market of 5m potential members as opposed to 300k or so, and widened their services. The core business of tax protection remains in place, and will be useful when all those people who are outside but are now inside go the FTT in protest.

Perhaps you should lift your eyes above the parapet on occasion.
            Oh dear, you are sooo out of the loop these days... IPSE membership is dropping, and it has been dropping for over three years. Ask around; people in the know know that I'd been watching that VERY closely over the years. No amount of "hey, let's go fish in that bigger pool over there" will change that without a major restructuring of the IPSE membership offering. A restructuring that IPSE would seem to be incapable to doing.

Now, as to whether anyone will be going to FTT as a result of these most recent changes to the market remains to be seen. But I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on that, or IPSE's ability to capitalise on that scenario.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Oh dear, you are sooo out of the loop these days... IPSE membership is dropping, and it has been dropping for over three years. Ask around; people in the know know that I'd been watching that VERY closely over the years. No amount of "hey, let's go fish in that bigger pool over there" will change that without a major restructuring of the IPSE membership offering. A restructuring that IPSE would seem to be incapable to doing.

Now, as to whether anyone will be going to FTT as a result of these most recent changes to the market remains to be seen. But I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on that, or IPSE's ability to capitalise on that scenario.
              Of course I know the numbers are falling. But if you are a member, hanging on for another year would seem to be a sensible option right now, just in case this whole off-payroll bollocks goes tits up - which is quite likely IMHO - or agencies and clients start listening about how to work with outside-IR35 people properly, something that is starting to happen.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Of course I know the numbers are falling. But if you are a member, hanging on for another year would seem to be a sensible option right now, just in case this whole off-payroll bollocks goes tits up - which is quite likely IMHO - or agencies and clients start listening about how to work with outside-IR35 people properly, something that is starting to happen.
                Once again, this point has noting whatsoever to do with your original premise. This is a pattern of behaviour that you display across these boards.

Please stop jumping in with unnecessary and generally ill-informed opinion.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

But this is general? I thought that was the whole point....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    But this is general? I thought that was the whole point....
                    Ah... I rarely check the sub-board.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Once again, this point has noting whatsoever to do with your original premise. This is a pattern of behaviour that you display across these boards.

I beg to differ. The OP was about the unions not reacting to the threat to the rights of workers moved from employment to inside-IR35 status so losing all their usual rights and protections. Someone suggested that IPSE weren't doing anything either, and the usual suspect weighed I with the "IPSE are useless" tirades. I merely pointed out that they are not only about IR35 any more as you well know. To which you responded with some facts of which I was fully aware but which are irrelevant to the OP.

Yes, IPSE appear to be impotent at the moment, despite presenting, with other groups, a reasoned and fully researched case as to why this move is so stupid, not only economically but in its impact on workers rights in general. But since Bojo and The Saj clearly prefer to listen to HMT and HMRC, then we are all rather buggered.

Nuff said.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X