• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This Highly Skilled Visa Thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Highly Skilled Visa Thing

Nothing to worry about?

I mean, they say it's for mathematicians and scientists, people with PhDs etc.

It's just that their very keen to get the ball rolling on this one.

Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
    Nothing to worry about?

It's just that their very keen to get the ball rolling on this one.
    They could start by trying to get people who are proficient in English........
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        They could start by trying to get people who are proficient in English........
        Don't want to post links to potentially fake news type sites but I just read:

Reports have emerged that the PM Boris Johnson intends to do away with the £30,000 salary requirement for importing foreign workers. A think tank has warned this will see immigration “spin out of control”.

Comment

Don't want to post links to potentially fake news type sites but I just read:
          Not the point I was trying to make, but that was discussed on here days ago. Boris is going to f**k contractors, he's going to f**k ordinary people with jobs. Boris is going to f**k pretty much everyone. You can escape this f**king by being a multimillionaire, going to Eton, burning £50 notes in front of tramps and watching your school chums f**k a pigs head. Other than that, you're probably f**ked. HTH.

Comment

You won't get any pertinent answers here and probably end winding up quite a few people.
            Sensitive subject on this forum with most of the contractors fearing they'll be replaced with 3 mediocre fresh off boat resource at 30k a pop. On shorter leash as well.
            My personal opinion is they are quite right in thinking so...

Ah... it's general, go ahead with your business

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Not the point I was trying to make, but that was discussed on here days ago. Boris is going to f**k contractors, he's going to f**k ordinary people with jobs. Boris is going to f**k pretty much everyone. You can escape this f**king by being a multimillionaire, going to Eton, burning £50 notes in front of tramps and watching your school chums f**k a pigs head. Other than that, you're probably f**ked. HTH.
              Yes, I think you're probably right.

Well, for the record, I didn't vote for him.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                You won't get any pertinent answers here and probably end winding up quite a few people.
                Sensitive subject on this forum with most of the contractors fearing they'll be replaced with 3 mediocre fresh off boat resource at 30k a pop. On shorter leash as well.
                My personal opinion is they are quite right in thinking so...

Ah... it's general, go ahead with your business
                Why is it a sensitive subject ? The private sector IR35 changes have been known about for ages. The only people who didn't know they were coming were the 'I votes boris beecoz da tories is da party of biznizz and well off people like me' arseholes that frequent this forum. Anyone who thought an 'australian style points based system' meant anything other than more offshore and ICT visas is borderline retarded. We got what the country voted for.

Comment

Nothing to worry about?

On the contrary, there's a lot to worry about. Money is only but one of many reasons keeping people away.

90% of the reason this Engineer left the UK for Germany (could have been Spain just as easily at the time) was mostly down to being paid nearly three times at much for the exact same job at home. And don't get me started on how much cheaper housing, food, general cost of living was compared to home.

If the UK government thinks skilled STEM folks (generally lefties) are going to come to a hard right leaning nationalist country for poor salary and expensive living costs.... think again.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

IT is on the list as "highly skilled" however the government is calling it "digital technology". You just need some sort of certification and you're in.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X