• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alistair Stuart - forced out of ITV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid thing to quote in this day and age. I doubt he meant it in a racist way but still should have known better.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What about Boris with Bongo Bongo land? Elevates you to PM levels that talk does.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Stupid thing to quote in this day and age. I doubt he meant it in a racist way but still should have known better.
        He didn't and he has used that quote previously when face with idiocy of the Twitteratti. Doubly disappointing since the complainer has been shown to have a massive chip on his shoulder regarding race and ethnicity. A very poor show from ITV IMHO. Context and intent should have been considered.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Seemingly he was undone by quoting Shakespeare to one of the "easily offended" Twitterati.

After 40 years of exemplary service too.

What do the panel think? Justified?
          Right result, but for the wrong reason.

These BBC "celebs" should be shipped out after five years to make room for new talent, instead of a handful favoured talking heads being kept on for decade after decade!

After all, it isn't as if the BBC has to make a profit, although I suppose it relies on ratings up to a point, to justify the TV licence.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Right result, but for the wrong reason.

These BBC "celebs" should be shipped out after five years to make room for new talent, instead of a handful favoured talking heads being kept on for decade after decade!

After all, it isn't as if the BBC has to make a profit, although I suppose it relies on ratings up to a point, to justify the TV licence.
            He worked for ITV. But, other than that, top rant.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Mr Shapland reported the exchange, on January 13, to Stewart’s employer..

It looks rather like Shapland considers references to apes to be references to black people. That kind of makes him racist. The only mistake Stewart made was to not realise that he'd given Shapland an opportunity to play the race card. Shows that Shapland is a nasty piece of work.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Mr Shapland reported the exchange, on January 13, to Stewart’s employer..

It looks rather like Shapland considers references to apes to be references to black people. That kind of makes him racist. The only mistake Stewart made was to not realise that he'd given Shapland an opportunity to play the race card. Shows that Shapland is a nasty piece of work.
                That doesn't even show that Stewart directed it at the complainant, just that he tweeted it
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

But Mumsnet has it covered (even if they can't spell his name right)

What did Alister Stuart actually say? | Mumsnet
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    who?
                    I think he means "Alastair Stewart".
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      What about Boris with Bongo Bongo land? Elevates you to PM levels that talk does.
                      I'm pretty left, but in the context of the article I really don't think Bongo Bongo land was as bad as people make out. He was using it to criticise and mock other peoples views on it, in a sort of ironic manner.

I don't particularly like how he did that, and God knows I don't like Boris - but I think the anger around that was misplaced.
                      Last edited by vwdan; 30 January 2020, 12:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X