• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying and the coronavirus infection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Yeah but if I'm going to die I'd rather it not be drowning in a pool of my own snot.
    Better convince the missus you'd rather go out with a bang if you start feeling it's got you.

I wonder if they offer that on the NHS.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Better convince the missus you'd rather go out with a bang if you start feeling it's got you.

I wonder if they offer that on the NHS.
      Why do you think I keep the key to the gun cabinet safely out of reach?

If I so much as sneezed she'd be reaching for a Webley!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Pull up the drawbridge! Oops, sorry, we can't do that until after 23:00 GMT
        23:00 31st December 2020... maybe.....
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

All flights should be grounded globally to prevent further spread. It's borderline negligence to allow them to ocntinue.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Why do you think I keep the key to the gun cabinet safely out of reach?

If I so much as sneezed she'd be reaching for a Webley!

That wasn't the kind of 'bang' I was referring to, but as a plan B it's not a bad one.

Pneumonia has got to be one of the worst ways to go. Just be sure it's not manflu and check-out prematurely like the twist at the end of The Mist.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I only wear mask when with Andy W's mother.
              Also wear a condom.
              Last edited by pscont; 31 January 2020, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                All flights should be grounded globally to prevent further spread. It's borderline negligence to allow them to ocntinue.
                More like putting money before health. I bet the elite are safely in the mansions watching it play out hoping some of the plebs survive to bring them their food. In the meantime living off their land on pheasants and other game.

Some of us may also be doing that, if they spent their contracting income wisely and didn't spunk it on fast cars, faster women (or men, there are some on here that prefer 'the cock', as that geordie sally gal used to say, oh for the good old days when three letter acronyms went beyond AtW and his squirrel fetish ), and buying experiences over assets.

Edit: Talking of geordies, first two cases in UK are now in Newcastle, though apparently taken there overnight so no word on where the virus may be spreading in the meantime if the sufferers originated elsewhere in the UK.
                Last edited by Hobosapien; 31 January 2020, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  or men, there are some on here that prefer 'the cock'
                  Good point - I think I'm going to have to lay off the habit for the next few weeks. I've already got a cough, and promiscuous gay men are excellent vectors for spreading disease.

My parents are also worried about me taking a flight anywhere due to the infection risk.

i.e. I'm grounded

In the mean time I think I'll listen to some music..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    If you were having to take a flight (and knowing as I do how the air conditioning system on a aircraft function), would you wear a medical face mask?
                    Plague & pestilence, and the 'other thing', all at the same time. You must be having quite a bad day. Cheer up Scooty, maybe Scotland will beat the Irish tomorrow. On second thoughts,
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                      Good point - I think I'm going to have to lay off the habit for the next few weeks. I've already got a cough, and promiscuous gay men are excellent vectors for spreading disease.

My parents are also worried about me taking a flight anywhere due to the infection risk.

i.e. I'm grounded

In the mean time I think I'll listen to some music..

I'd have thought Gloria Gaynor "I will Survive" would be more your kind of thing... Along with "YMCA", "In the Navy", you know, that kind of thing...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X