• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC tulipstorm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC tulipstorm

Heartwarming.

EXCLUSIVE: Drugs, defecation, and graffiti at HMRC’s Manchester headquarters – FinTech Futures

The bloke I am currently sat next to's girlfriend works there.

And yeah it is that bad!

Comment

Hmm...who do we know that's in Manchester at the moment...

Comment

Should've seen it before HMRC moved there! It were all fields, bluebells an daffodils as far as the eye could see.

Until that ****er Marx came along with his chum Engels! Him and his communist manifesto, I ask you!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Should've seen it before HMRC moved there! It were all fields, bluebells an daffodils as far as the eye could see.

Until that ****er Marx came along with his chum Engels! Him and his communist manifesto, I ask you!
          another act of corporate vandalism then!

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
            another act of corporate vandalism then!
            I take it you've never been to Salford, then...

There is a reason why "Dirty Old Town" was written in and about Salford.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Some cracking comments on that.

Comment

I've always wondered (having seen it at another client site) how it works this writing on the wall in poo thing....

Do you "do the business", pick it up out of the bowl, dry it with a bit of bog roll, then use it like a pencil?
                Or do you grab it "in transit" sort of thing?

Same with if you post someone a turd. Do you try and plop it straight into the jiffy bag or do the "removal" method? If its going straight into a bag, do you get a friend to hold the bag? Not sure I've got friends who I consider good enough to not tulip on my hand....

Finally, why on earth would you want to grab hold of your own turd?
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  I've always wondered ....
                  I have never wondered that. No doubt I wont be able to sleep until I google it. Anyone got any mind bleach?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    I take it you've never been to Salford, then...

There is a reason why "Dirty Old Town" was written in and about Salford.
                    I take it you've never been to Salford
                    I've been to Old Trafford and stayed in the old town hall. Is that close enough? It doesn't compare in the slightest with Dowlais in the 1960's.

I've also been to Cheadle and Denton as well as Bolton and Horwich, all quite pleasant really when compared with Merthyr.

In the oldest? street in my town, there was a cottage with a date of 1666. It was knocked down to make way for a Tesco store. The store lasted about 30 years and now has been knocked down itself. The council can't seem to make up its mind what to put there now. Corporate vandalism!
                    Last edited by JohntheBike; 4 February 2020, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
                    X