• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delete user account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    there is no attention once the account is deleted

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
      that would breach GDPR laws

What GDPR law would it breach?

I'm always intrigued at various people's interpretation of GDPR.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        What GDPR law would it breach?

I'm always intrigued at various people's interpretation of GDPR.
        At the risk of being banned, here is the data you require

Can I ask a company to delete my personal data? | European Commission

Comment

Must admit I'm unclear about what personal data the site will hold. Looking at my profile I can't see anything that relates to the real me, and all I recall giving the site when I first joined was my email address (or to be more accurate, an email address). What am I missing?
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Just another sockie from the same tiresome poster.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Must admit I'm unclear about what personal data the site will hold. Looking at my profile I can't see anything that relates to the real me, and all I recall giving the site when I first joined was my email address (or to be more accurate, an email address). What am I missing?

This is why I asked the other guy - some seem to think that GDPR includes lots of things.

The only "personal" information the site holds is the email address, and birthday (if provided). There's no home address, phone number, or any personal info like that.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A full ID check on this sockie seems appropriate to compare against details currently held - for all we know it could have been a hacked account which is attempting to use social engineering in order to destroy data.

Comment

Seems reasonable to retain all info on this sockie for the next 20 years in case HMRC decides to start investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    I've always struggled with that too. If you reveal personal information on a public forum what recourse could you seriously expect?
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 31 January 2020, 14:25. Reason: can't effing type

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
                      Really, I am not interested in replying to your abuse. You are not that important.

While you may love the to ban, I want my details erased, as per GDPR. I am certain it can be arranged and complaint is not needed.
                      I struglle to see how me pointing out what you posted, is abuse.
                      If I called you a **** that would be abuse. But I didn't.

It's always the first to shout accusations of abuse, who are the worst offenders.
                      Last edited by Lance; 31 January 2020, 14:28.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X