• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delete user account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this the longest flounce? - i'm relatively new, but hey

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
      Top trolling from Admin; well played.
      If only! As WTFH said, the account "Admin" might not accept PMs but "Administrator" does, much to my annoyance. Will look up the admin account as I think sasguru might have made this mistake a few weeks ago as well - and if the most intelligent person on the forum can make this error then god help the rest of us

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
      At the risk of being banned, here is the data you require

Can I ask a company to delete my personal data? | European Commission
      I have now removed this person's account as requested, all in accordance with GDPR regulations. The posts are not personal information so they are still here.

Comment

GDPR does not require deletion, just stopping processing...

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          if the most intelligent person on the forum can make this error...
          I didn’t make the error!
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The end result is the same so I’m quite happy with the outcome. The usual idiot poster requiring the last word.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              BTW, "contractorcontractor" I'm giving you fair warning here, if you keep posting in the prof forums with misleading, false and dangerous information, I'll ban you before you are deleted.
              Incredible stance to take. I mean NorthernLadUK has been doing that for years and he’s still here!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                This is why I asked the other guy - some seem to think that GDPR includes lots of things.

The only "personal" information the site holds is the email address, and birthday (if provided). There's no home address, phone number, or any personal info like that.
                Under GDPR you have a right to be forgotten. For a social media site this should be removing you (and your posts) completely if you can be identified. At the very least this should be removing email address and any other personal data - admin could add a dummy email address into the DB and then lock the account. If the user thinks their user name could identify them, then this could also be changed if the site does not want to lose all post threads started by that user.

There should be a process in place to meet these requirements.

Edit: just saw the actions taken by Administrator
                Last edited by Whorty; 1 February 2020, 11:05.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Forget what? Who flounced?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Forget what? Who flounced?
                    L*cy?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      L*cy?
                      Llcy? The Welsh guy?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X