• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delete user account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete user account

I joined this forum in 2006, but avoided posting. There is a culture of intolerance & bullying and questions often receive aggressive "you are stupid" / "RTFM" responses.

Yesterday I was banned for 24 hrs for explaining the difference between tax avoidance & evasion. Here is the link: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2722749

The reason given was, "it frightens people" and I was "wrong". To me, it appeared someone used a ban to end an argument, that they couldnt understand or win.

I am not interested in being bullied. If it is not possible to discuss such things, this site is no use to me.

Admins, please delete my account from your database / or advise how I can delete it myself.
    Last edited by contractorcontractor; 31 January 2020, 12:52.

don't let the door slap yer arse on the way out

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

don't let the door slap yer arse on the way out

Ah that old one.

You came to deliver abuse, but can you help advise on how to delete the account?

Comment

no.

byby

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
          I joined this forum in 2006, but avoided posting. There is a culture of intolerance & bullying and questions often receive aggressive "you are stupid" / "RTFM" responses.

Yesterday I was banned for 24 hrs for explaining the difference between tax avoidance & evasion. Here is the link: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2722749

The reason given was, "it frightens people" and I was "wrong". To me, it appeared someone used a ban to end an argument, that they couldnt understand or win.

I am not interested in being bullied. If it is not possible to discuss such things, this site is no use to me.

Admins, please delete my account from your database / or advise how I can delete it myself.
          To be frank, you were one of the most bullying, intolerant and aggressive posters of the day yesterday. But hey, you live in your own dreamworld...

As for account deletion.... Why not just change your password to a random one that you forget?
          Or get abusive again in the prof forums and get a lifetime ban.

If it bothers you that much why have you come back to have a whine? You don't have to look.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You can just log out, but if you feel you want your account deleted, you need to contact admin, best done directly and not by starting a thread to ask for it.

If it would make it easier for you, I can ban you while we wait for admin to delete your account. I can't delete your account as that needs to be done by admin.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              You can just log out, but if you feel you want your account deleted, you need to contact admin, best done directly and not by starting a thread to ask for it.

If it would make it easier for you, I can ban you while we wait for admin to delete your account. I can't delete your account as that needs to be done by admin.
              And how is admin contacted?
              Last edited by contractorcontractor; 31 January 2020, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                To be frank, you were one of the most bullying, intolerant and aggressive posters of the day yesterday. But hey, you live in your own dreamworld...

As for account deletion.... Why not just change your password to a random one that you forget?
                Or get abusive again in the prof forums and get a lifetime ban.

If it bothers you that much why have you come back to have a whine? You don't have to look.
                Really, I am not interested in replying to your abuse. You are not that important.

While you may love the to ban, I want my details erased, as per GDPR. I am certain it can be arranged and complaint is not needed.

Comment

By private message:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...e.php?do=newpm
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There’s a “Contact Us” link in the footer of every page, where “Us” is the masked heresiarchs who control the site from a dank cavern barely illuminated by guttering tallow candles.

Comment

Working...
                    X