• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Dating Site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Funny that, I thought the current Mrs Zig was a trucker named Barry!

Date night at Heston services again?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Date night at Heston services again?
      Roleplay, init?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I entered my details - and got paired up with NLyUK. I am not doing that again - I couldn't walk for a week after the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I entered my details - and got paired up with NLyUK. I am not doing that again - I couldn't walk for a week after the last time.
          I'd have thought that would be more likely after a pairing with NLUK.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            No you just end up in a pub talking to sportswear retailers

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              He got paired with PC.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I'm thinking of setting up a contractor dating site, match up contractors with other like minded individuals.

Should really be pretty simple to setup, age, sex, length of contract, rate - that should be enough to satisfy most contractors.

The good news, I can then sell on personal and business information to recruiters, IPSE and HMRC.

Great idea?
                I've often felt like finding a partner and contracting are similar in so many ways...

e.g.
                It can be difficult to find one (or a decent one at least), being rejected by the ones you like, or chased by the ones you dont.
                You have good conversations initially, you think this could be going somewhere, meeting face to face seems very likely but then out of nowhere you get ghosted.
                When you have found one they usually only last a few months. Occasionally you get one that last longer but they never last and you have to move on.
                You always need to have sufficient protection before you go to work.
                You get bored too easily, get itchy feet or you get a better offer and leave.
                You get used to each other, boundaries are crossed and you take each other for granted. Worse still they could start controlling you.
                You sometimes sleep in strange beds.
                Dry spells suck. You start to get desparate and would consider anything that is going until you find something better.

Or is it just me?
                Last edited by CheeseSlice; 3 February 2020, 23:49.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  I've often felt like finding a partner and contracting are similar in so many ways...
                  For Dattern Test contracting is more akin to his sex life. Alway ends up stuffing pound coins through some letter box in the middle of Reading.

You start to get desparate and would consider anything that is going until you find something better.
                  You'd expect it the other way around but this is truer of my dating life than my contracting life. 10 pints helps though.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    10 pints helps though.

Your dates can drink 10 pints ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Your dates can drink 10 pints ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X