• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Streatham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    According to the Torygraph, he was shot within 8 seconds of stabbing his first victim.

Now that's Rapid Response
    Sounds like the rozzers are getting a handle on the this type of local terrorism - all credit to them.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      He might think he's at war but that doesn't mean he's not mentally ill, or that we should treat him as a soldier and buy into the delusion. He might not think there is such a thing as rehabilitation but again, that doesn't mean he is right.
      His state of mind? All over Streatham Road. HTHBIDI

Religious mania is surely a recognised condition separate to simple religious fervour; the lines are probably blurred but someone who thinks running amok stabbing strangers is not in a grey area.
      You don't see many JW's doing this - the worst they'll do is force a copy of WatchTower on you!!
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        Sounds like the rozzers are getting a handle on the this type of local terrorism - all credit to them.
        There was a team of them following him!

So really their response was a bit slow as he managed to knife several over about a 50 metre distance. If someone was following him surely they should have been ready to intervene with lethal force instead of waiting for the armed backup.

I suppose they were hoping he would take them to some terrorist cell or others he was on that path with, to warrant this type of close monitoring.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        You don't see many JW's doing this - the worst they'll do is force a copy of WatchTower on you!!
        Yes some religions are worse than others. If only god cleared all this up once and for all, they all accept there is only one god right. Mugs believe god is working for the good side. Good if you support evil.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I hope the government proposals on this are not blocked by courts. People should have an opportunity to reform when possible but public safety should come first.

We also need to avoid events that drive resentment against specific groups. Of course we should not blame an entire group for what a few do but that's human nature, better to work with it than ignore it. Locking up people like this for as long as necessary is a favour to Muslims in general.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            There was a team of them following him!

So really their response was a bit slow
            Well OK I mean the response of the police in a broader sense of the word. The fact that the police had a team monitoring him was clearly the correct thing to do, and shows the police are getting better at identifying the threats and being ready to neutralise them.

Comment

If it is a disease then surely there must be some level of treatment possible, .
              Yep. Castration & ECT

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                Well OK I mean the response of the police in a broader sense of the word. The fact that the police had a team monitoring him was clearly the correct thing to do, and shows the police are getting better at identifying the threats and being ready to neutralise them.

They could have saved time by doing the 'pick up the gun' sketch outside prison rather than poncing about around the streets of London waiting for him to find some victims.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                X