• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Streatham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Clearly the issue is what doesn't happen in prison such as rehabilitation and if they're not rehabilitatable then keep them locked up. It's obvious these religious nutters are mentally ill so just a bit of normal porridge isn't going to make them better.
    If it is a disease then surely there must be some level of treatment possible, or at least a diagnosis that can be used to require lifetime care/monitoring/whatever for medical grounds? I don't know if "criminally insane" is still PC but basically that.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      If it is a disease then surely there must be some level of treatment possible, or at least a diagnosis that can be used to require lifetime care/monitoring/whatever for medical grounds? I don't know if "criminally insane" is still PC but basically that.
      Can't we do a Pinochet?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Because he had a suicide vest (fake as it turned out later)
        That makes no sense, if they new about the vest this should have only expedited the arrest. I understand how buying a kitchen knife could be taken as non-terrorist related activity and the surveillance team let it slip, but wearing a suicide vest face or not should have triggered the arrest automatically.

The whole story is deeply worrying. If a convicted terrorist with active surveillance on him is able to do this, what hope is there to catch other terrorists before the act?

Seriously this time the Police can't bang about lack of resources etc. it was a monumental failure on their part to allow this to happen.

Comment

Not sure if 'care in the community' is still a thing, but looks to be. Allows the ill to be released as they either don't have the resource (facilities, appropriately trained staff) to do the job of 'fixing them' properly or determining if they should in fact remain locked up as a danger to the public, as this guy was, or an actual way of curing them totally so it's 'ah well, let's see what happens', as happened with this guy.

Fortunately the nutters seem to love London, must be drawn to all those other stabby ***** there, so stay away from London and get on with living in a safer environment. Works for me.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

It's not a disease.

If the guy is genuinely a terrorist in his eyes he is at war with the UK and so there is no such thing as 'rehabilitation' he will fight for what he thinks is right every opportunity he gets.

Either they need to be deported or locked up as a POW - until the end of the war - which it seems will not end so.....

Comment

Aside from banning religion?
              Or do you mean a few bullets?
              Or being disappeared, i.e. they've absconded and tried to flee the country, unfortunately dying in a cold North Sea while trying to escape to France?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Or being disappeared, i.e. they've absconded and tried to flee the country, unfortunately dying in a cold North Sea while trying to escape to France?
                Mind you, it's a long way to swim to France from the mid-Atlantic, assuming they survive the drop from 28000ft.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Nah, save the climate with fewer flights. Halal the b*******. Works for them.

Seems as effective as any current deradicalising efforts.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Either they need to be deported or locked up as a POW - until the end of the war - which it seems will not end so.....
                    Said war having been in progress, on & off, for over a millennium now.

It has the prospect of Not Ending Well anytime soon.

Battle of Tours. AD732.

Siege of Vienna. AD1529.

Happily for the rest of Europe not as efficient as Genghis Khan.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2020, 13:59.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      It's not a disease.

If the guy is genuinely a terrorist in his eyes he is at war with the UK and so there is no such thing as 'rehabilitation' he will fight for what he thinks is right every opportunity he gets.

He might think he's at war but that doesn't mean he's not mentally ill, or that we should treat him as a soldier and buy into the delusion. He might not think there is such a thing as rehabilitation but again, that doesn't mean he is right.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Religious mania is surely a recognised condition separate to simple religious fervour; the lines are probably blurred but someone who thinks running amok stabbing strangers is not in a grey area.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X