• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Streatham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streatham

A man shot dead by police after he stabbed people in south London had been released from prison in January.

Amman was released around a week ago after serving half of his three year sentence for terror offences.

He was under active police surveillance at the time of the attack on Streatham High Road, which police believe to be an Islamist-related terrorist incident.

Streatham attacker named as Sudesh Amman - BBC News

FFS, 3 years for terror offences, out in half??? WTF it’s not 30, out at 29.9 for good behaviour

According to the Torygraph, he was shot within 8 seconds of stabbing his first victim.

Now that's Rapid Response

Comment

He was under surveillance apparently, which would explain relative speed of dealing with him, but why wasn't he arrested when he got anything more dangerous than a plastic knife, why the feck was he out so early ffs.

Comment

Sounds like a result other than for the poor sod who got stabbed.

Maybe it's a change of policy that's filtered down from TPTB.

Let 'em out, track 'em down, if they blink then off 'em.

Think of all the money it saves on banging 'em up.

Three rounds of 9x19 are cheaper* than good quality manila hemp rope**.

*75p.

** £2.95/metre, 10 metres required, then it has to be boiled to remove the stretch, etc. etc..
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Covert 24/7 surveillance got astronomical costs, was much cheaper to keep them in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Sounds like a result other than for the poor sod who got stabbed.

Maybe it's a change of policy that's filtered down from TPTB.

Let 'em out, track 'em down, if they blink then off 'em.

Think of all the money it saves on banging 'em up.

Three rounds of 9x19 are cheaper* than good quality manila hemp rope**.

*75p.

** £2.95/metre, 10 metres required, then it has to be boiled to remove the stretch, etc. etc..
            Where do we send the bill?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Clearly the issue is what doesn't happen in prison such as rehabilitation and if they're not rehabilitatable then keep them locked up. It's obvious these religious nutters are mentally ill so just a bit of normal porridge isn't going to make them better.

To reduce the costs maybe they should use a remote currently inhabited island, say one of the Scottish ones, to lock them all up (along with all the other violent lifers) and let them have at it if they show no signs of being fit for release. Alcatraz/Escape From New York style.

Also safer for the guards if they're just manning a wall and not mixing with the scum, that let's face it a bullet in the head would be the absolute best solution if we weren't such soft *****.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                He was under surveillance apparently, which would explain relative speed of dealing with him, but why wasn't he arrested when he got anything more dangerous than a plastic knife, why the feck was he out so early ffs.
                Because he had a suicide vest (fake as it turned out later)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Same reason MF keeps getting new gigs, it's easy to act sane in an interview be it for a new job or a parole board
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Because he had a suicide vest (fake as it turned out later)
                    If he was watched (and it would be criminal if he wasn’t tiven recent events) then wtf was he not taken down when he made that vest?

Comment

Working...
                    X