• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earning £1m a year yet steals food?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to know just how good the sandwiches in the Citi canteen are.

Shirley we have someone around these parts who has worked there?

Comment

Maybe the government can bail him out
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Some people do it for the excitement. People that haggle intensely for example...
        Then the kleptomaniacs.
        Maybe one of the reasons he was good at his job was because he always felt an urge to satisfy that need. Pinch a bit here and there.
        We shouldn't judge, we all have our quirkiness.

If it was an isolated case, he wasn't aggressive when confronted, i'd say the true psychopath was the decision maker that said:
        Meh... feeling pretty today, let me f*** up this guy's career.

Comment

There was a case of a city trader/banker who dodged his train fair for years

Comment

Alternative theories...

A) Someone wanted rid of him but he was squeaky clean. He slips up one day forgets his wallet. Says he'll pay back tomorrow. Bingo!

B) He's broke. He had a high stakes gambling habit and was up to his eyeball in debt, paying off divorce bills, or he was being blackmailed for money and insider information. He's still got to eat so steals some crap sandwiches (egg mayo, or plain cheese).

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Alternative theories...

A) Someone wanted rid of him but he was squeaky clean. He slips up one day forgets his wallet. Says he'll pay back tomorrow. Bingo!

B) He's broke. He had a high stakes gambling habit and was up to his eyeball in debt, paying off divorce bills, or he was being blackmailed for money and insider information. He's still got to eat so steals some crap sandwiches (egg mayo, or plain cheese).
              C) He's a banker and feel it's his privilege to steal from anyone and everyone

D) Maybe because it's he's a total banker
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Alternative theories...

That happened at Chase(before taken over by JPM). They wanted someone out and found jokes in his inbox. Sacked him. Then realized they had to check everyones. About 10% of traders got either verbal warning, first written warning or final written warning.

Comment

They wanted him out and this was the cheapest way to do it.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    They wanted him out and this was the cheapest way to do it.
                    This is probably the closest to the truth.

Comment

Imagine being fired for stealing a tulipty sandwich while the people next to you are rigging the LIBOR (or whatever they're into these days) and getting away with a bonus.
                      That definitely gets some feelings going....

But probably if he's been wise enough he goes back into his few mil £ house and retires early. Still better than the average joe.

Comment

Working...
                      X