• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earning £1m a year yet steals food?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earning £1m a year yet steals food?

High-paid banker 'suspended over alleged food theft' - BBC News

Some people are just too self entitled.

Quote from a m8 at Citibank "Trust me there is nothing worth stealing from there let alone pay for"....

Which sandwiches were they? What was on them? There are virtually no details in that article, very poorly written.

Comment

Originally posted by DevUK View Post
      Which sandwiches were they? What was on them? There are virtually no details in that article, very poorly written.
      This is the bbc. They are trying to save money.

Comment

You have to wonder about behaviour of some people. Assuming he did, why would someone risk a well paid career to gain stuff of little worth?

PS Come on high paid contractors, tell us your tales of nicking bog paper from the company toilets.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          You have to wonder about behaviour of some people. Assuming he did, why would someone risk a well paid career to gain stuff of little worth?

PS Come on high paid contractors, tell us your tales of nicking bog paper from the company toilets.
          Maybe it was a cry for help. I mean, you might wonder why Winona Ryder would shoplift, but she did. What's more likely though is that he's just an arrogant barsteward who thought that because he was making a lot of money for the company, it meant he shouldn't need to pay for something so insignificant. Serves him right.
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Hmm... In a client's canteen did once put my lunch on the salad weigher instead of saying what it actually was so paid about two quid for a six quid meal. I got distracted and just absent mindedly put it there while sorting my purse out and didn't twig until I was half way back to my desk (no I didn't go back and pay the difference). All the food for takeaway was in the same boxes so it was difficult for till staff to tell without asking to see the box contents.

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
              Maybe it was a cry for help. I mean, you might wonder why Winona Ryder would shoplift, but she did. What's more likely though is that he's just an arrogant barsteward who thought that because he was making a lot of money for the company, it meant he shouldn't need to pay for something so insignificant. Serves him right.
              Self entitlement. At MS Cabot Square I got chatting to the garage attendant/car cleaner/driver. He had to drive someone from Cabot Square to Bank Street. 2015 so road works made it a 3 mile journey taking 20 minutes. to save a 400m walk taking 5 minutes.

Bankers live in another planet....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Hmm... In a client's canteen did once put my lunch on the salad weigher instead of saying what it actually was so paid about two quid for a six quid meal. I got distracted and just absent mindedly put it there while sorting my purse out and didn't twig until I was half way back to my desk (no I didn't go back and pay the difference). All the food for takeaway was in the same boxes so it was difficult for till staff to tell without asking to see the box contents.
                I sense another post on the dating thread coming up....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Which is why you now get "Show us yer box, love" so often.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Self entitlement. At MS Cabot Square I got chatting to the garage attendant/car cleaner/driver. He had to drive someone from Cabot Square to Bank Street. 2015 so road works made it a 3 mile journey taking 20 minutes. to save a 400m walk taking 5 minutes.

Bankers live in another planet....
                    Absolutely this

He stole the food knowing it was someone else's but clearly has no interest in the welfare of any other human being than himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X