• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I right about this divi tax?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I right about this divi tax?

If one lives in Scotland the amount they have to earn in total before the dividend tax becomes 32.5% is £43431.
    Compared to £50000 in the rest of UK.

Am I right?

Found it. I am wrong it seems.

Current rates
    You pay Scottish Income Tax if you live in Scotland. It’s paid to the Scottish Government.

You pay a different tax rate on income from 6 April 2018 to 5 April 2019.

Scottish Income Tax applies to your wages, pension and most other taxable income.

You’ll pay the same tax as the rest of the UK on dividends and savings interest.

Comment

Originally posted by pscont View Post
      If one lives in Scotland the amount they have to earn in total before the dividend tax becomes 32.5% is £43431.

Am I right?
      Yes I think that's right.
      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
        Yes I think that's right.
        Haha ok I'm wrong!
        If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

This article seems to confirm that Scottish rates AND bands only apply to earned income. UK tax bands and rates apply to dividends.

Scottish income tax rates and thresholds for 2019/20 – what do they mean for Scottish taxpayers? | Chartered Institute of Taxation

Comment

Am I right?
            If one lives in Scotland one has made a bad mistake as long as the SNP and Greens together have the ability to set tax rates.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              If one lives in Scotland one has made a bad mistake as long as the SNP and Greens together have the ability to set tax rates.
              Current tax bands situation proves you right.
              However Scots are much better human material than English, so money hit is bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                It could be worse. The Welsh Assembly have just announced that it is considering increasing taxes to pay for old age care. Funny how it's free in Scotland and they didn't increase taxation to pay for it!

Comment

Current tax bands situation proves you right.
                  However Scots are much better human material than English, so money hit is bearable.
                  sweeping ******* generalisation there....
                  Mind you, you've not been banned for a few weeks, so you're ready to spout some utter garbage like this.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    sweeping ******* generalisation there....
                    Mind you, you've not been banned for a few weeks, so you're ready to spout some utter garbage like this.
                    Matter of opinion mate. Are you saying I am not allowed an opinion?

Comment

Working...
                    X