• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Somebody call the fashion police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody call the fashion police

Tracy Brabin: MP hits back at Twitter 'keyboard warriors' - BBC News
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

I want to be respected as a professional, why do you mock me when I dress like I'm out on the town?

All the feminazis are out defending her. I wonder if they would defend Boris if he dressed as medallion man?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can't see a problem with it. Too much fuss about nowt.

PS I might watch political stuff a bit more if lady politicians stripped off completely. Only because I support a woman's right to make her own life style choices obviously.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There is a fine line at times between business attire and out on the town attire but to direct quite this level of vitriol at someone because of their clothes is appalling. And it is primarily done towards women. I would love it if an up for it male MP tried the limits of parliamentary day wear to test at what point someone calls him a slut for his choice of clothes

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          There is a fine line at times between business attire and out on the town attire but to direct quite this level of vitriol at someone because of their clothes is appalling. And it is primarily done towards women. I would love it if an up for it male MP tried the limits of parliamentary day wear to test at what point someone calls him a slut for his choice of clothes
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Reminds me of when Teresa May got absolutely slated for spending a grand of her own money on a pair of leather trousers. How very dare she! Funny how no-one questioned how much David Cameron spends on a suit..
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Over the shoulder
              Boulder holder...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I want to be respected as a professional, why do you mock me when I dress like I'm out on the town?

All the feminazis are out defending her. I wonder if they would defend Boris if he dressed as medallion man?
                They would be too busy laughing - ever seen Boris dressed for his daily run?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  They would be too busy laughing - ever seen Boris dressed for his daily run?

and is frequently ridiculed for it.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Breaking a dress code, accidentally or on purpose, does not make you a victim. Particularly if it is your place of work, and you are being paid £76k +exes.

Being the subject of a Twitter storm is a different story. Twitter is indeed awful, as Tobin must know, having been a member for over 10 years. This actually does make her a victim, but less of a victim than many others who have seemingly received much worse treatment from the basement dwelling mob.

Yes, women's appearance is of more interest than men's, often to other women. This is the result of culture and history. Men are stuck in a basic uniform. Women have more freedom. This does not make victims of anyone.

I failed to get into a nightclub once for wearing jeans/trainers. Not a victim, except of my own lack of planning.

Comment

Working...
                    X