• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There was an old woman from Devizes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Where did this happen? Morrison's car park? That's strange for Morrison's car park. In fact, I've never heard it know with Morrison's car park. Btw, is there a special prize for the most mentions of Morrison's car park in one thread? Specifically if the thread isn't actually about Morrison's car park? TBH JTB, you should be buried beneath Morrison's car park. Which Morrison's car park are we talking about?
    Ah crap, that made me laugh so much and I can't rep you for it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabs J The Chaffinch View Post
      In Devizes there is an interesting plaque.

It marks the spot in the market where an unscrupulous old crone was spontaneously struck down dead after issuing the words “may the Lord strike me down if I tell a lie” to an unhappy punter who felt he’d been shortchanged.
      Did she reverse her car into it?

Comment

I'm more concerned about the car park!
        The carpark in question was unharmed despite being taken over by the EuroCarParks Parking Nazis.

HTH.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Where did this happen? Morrison's car park? That's strange for Morrison's car park. In fact, I've never heard it know with Morrison's car park. Btw, is there a special prize for the most mentions of Morrison's car park in one thread? Specifically if the thread isn't actually about Morrison's car park? TBH JTB, you should be buried beneath Morrison's car park. Which Morrison's car park are we talking about?
          Heart-attack driver in car park crash - Wales Online

Comment

Ah, that's not the Morrison's car park I was thinking of. As you were.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Apparently it was the Safeway carpark at the time, in 2004.

Though that's according to Wales on line which has just informed me of armed officers in St. Helen's Road after an assault in an ongoing incident.

Said incident happened in April 2019.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Apparently it was the Safeway carpark at the time, in 2004.

Though that's according to Wales on line which has just informed me of armed officers in St. Helen's Road after an assault in an ongoing incident.

Said incident happened in April 2019.
                That's what happens when you live in a rift in the space-time continuum!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Like Prince Philip, once they get to a certain age they should have the courage to know when it's time to hand their licence in.

Chauffeurs will be their saviour for their mobility, if those mobility scooters don't quite do it for them, can't come soon enough. Though not too soon or they will be killing more people than the old duffers.
                  FTFY

Comment

Oh, I'll never get a scrumpy here
                    No, I'll never get a nice mild beer
                    Give me England every time, my dear
                    'Cos you never get surprises livin' in Devizes
                    However hard I bloomin' try
                    Seems I'll never get a hot meat pie
                    In old Somerset's where I'll die
                    When I die.....

I don't know if those lyrics are from the pen of the late, great Adge Cutler or are the work of a later incarnation pf the band, AKA 2 jocks and a brummie. I suspect the latter because they don't seem to know that Devizes is in Wiltshire :
                    Last edited by Martin Bank Holiday; 8 February 2020, 03:10.

Comment

Working...
                    X