• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's Man Bag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor's Man Bag

I've noticed that none of the contractors in the office have man bags so I've bought one. I've also got an East 17 coat.

I'm feeling the pressure to be more fashion conscious now I'm on umbrella rates. Is there a contractor's dress code?

I tend to associate the IT folk with a generally dishevelled appearance, greasy hair and clammy skin so perhaps I'm asking the wrong crowd.

Are you 20? Or Italian?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Are you 20? Or Italian?
      Perhaps I am in your mind's eye but no, I'm in my thirties and English.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
        I'm on umbrella rates. Is there a contractor's dress code? .
        There is but as you are employed it doesnt apply to you.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is there a contractor's dress code?

yes, always carry a rainbow coloured umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            There is but as you are employed it doesn't apply to you.
            I suspect in your case it's something perverted worn underneath your slacks.

Comment

I suspect in your case it's something perverted worn underneath your slacks.
              slacks? - are you a septic?

Comment

I've noticed that none of the contractors in the office have man bags so I've bought one. I've also got an East 17 coat.

I'm feeling the pressure to be more fashion conscious now I'm on umbrella rates. Is there a contractor's dress code?

I tend to associate the IT folk with a generally dishevelled appearance, greasy hair and clammy skin so perhaps I'm asking the wrong crowd.
                I have one to keep some spare Tampax in.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I have one to keep some spare Tampax in.
                  Thought you might just store them in your gob being as you are such a twunt!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    yes, always carry a towel.
                    FTFH2G2
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X