• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK lack of diversity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Shouldn't it be a reflection of the population of CUK rather than UK?
    It already is:

There’s the posters who you don’t hear from much, but are always polite, fun and interesting. They might not say much, but they’re still around
    ...that’s RealityHack

There’s the gormless posters,
    Posters who live abroad,
    Posters whose kids are smart (DNA tests not been done)
    ...NAT covers those

Then there’s posters who could probably kill you
    ...that’s Cojak

And then there’s me. I do a good job of representing posters like me.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Really, how do you know there’s a distinct lack of diversity?

There are a good few women here with a non gender specific usernames.

Good grief, you may even be PMing one now and not know it!
      How do I know there is a lack of diversity, are you daft?? You just need to look at peoples avatars.

Stop denying the problem you puppet of the patriarchy and start encouraging more women to join and post. For starters whats with the website blue and white colour scheme? Would a bit of colour kill you, splash of pink here and there.

Perhaps a fashion forum and a technical forum specially for women, no mansplaining.

Comment

and more hairy primates, too.

Comment

I for one think there are a lack of toads

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            You just need to look at peoples avatars.
            In that case I must be the result of some unspeakable act between a chimpanzee & Nicholas Cage..
            If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
              In that case I must be the result of some unspeakable act between a chimpanzee & Nicholas Cage..
              you might say that, i couldn't Possibly comment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I miss RH.

WTFH is non-binary. In fact he/she/it is borderline human. And can't sing.
                The old man is hexadecimal.

F0AD
                Last edited by northernladyuk; 7 February 2020, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  This question is really aimed at the mods, but there is a distinct lack of women on CUK.

What are you doing to increase diversity?

I noticed almost all of the mods are men, white privileged men. This doesn't reflect society.

So what you doing about this mods?

+1 to the first CUKER that posts a picture of the dance group Diversity.

What D&I activities do you suggest?
                  Flags next to avatars to show what group we represent?

Actually I think CUK is the most inclusive place ever as we are all non binary on here despite our gender, sexuality, the way we look etc. We are just taken on face value purely for the crap we post.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    Actually I think CUK is the most inclusive place ever as we are all non binary on here despite our gender, sexuality, the way we look etc. We are just taken on face value purely for the crap we post.
                    Well, in theory this is a contractor forum, and contractors tend to be judged on:
                    1. Their most recent gig (most recent post)
                    2. Looking back at past ones.

Good contractors add value and can adapt and learn. They need to be able to apply logic and reasoning, not just accepting everything they are fed by a client/agent at face value.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Well, in theory this is a contractor forum, and contractors tend to be judged on:
                      1. Their most recent gig (most recent post)
                      2. Looking back at past ones.

Good contractors add value and can adapt and learn. They need to be able to apply logic and reasoning, not just accepting everything they are fed by a client/agent at face value.
                      What a crock of tulip.

We all know it's about who can bleed a radiator the fastest, what penis extension you drive, and what you do with the chutney spoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X