• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shamima Begum loses first stage of appeal against citizenship removal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    If, during WW2, a Russian decided to go and fight for Germany against Russia what we he/she have been classed as?

And what would the punishment have been?
    Death under laws at the time, which law did she break?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Alleged facilitation of terrorism.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Alleged facilitation of terrorism.
        Then she should be charged on arrival and get her fair trial, fine by me.

Comment

Just killed some spam titled "Buy Belgium driver's license, ID"

I read it as "Buy Begum driver's license, ID"
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If she was still a British citizen she would be tried for treason - and found guilty.

High treason in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

However the situation here is that she voluntarily gave up British Citizenship and so that law does not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              If she was still a British citizen she would be tried for treason - and found guilty.

High treason in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

However the situation here is that she voluntarily gave up British Citizenship and so that law does not apply.

No, she did not give up her citizenship, that is actually not possible without proof of and already granted citizenship.

She was illegally stripped of her rightful British citizenship - outrageous act of lawlessness

Comment

No, she did not give up her citizenship, that is actually not possible without proof of and already granted citizenship.

She was illegally stripped of her rightful British citizenship - outrageous act of lawlessness
                She joined ISIS at which time she volunteered to become an ISIS citizen and give up her British Passport.

I can just imagine family life. "Hard day at work dear?". "Yes, I had to chop off a dozen heads of those Christians.". ..." any new wives arrived today?" ... "Yes two new wives, they brought their toys. With them..."
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  She joined ISIS at which time she volunteered to become an ISIS citizen and give up her British Passport.
                  I believe she gave up her passport, but giving up your citizenship is a whole different thing. Ask an American.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                    I believe she gave up her passport, but giving up your citizenship is a whole different thing. Ask an American.
                    Passport is just a travel document, renouncing citizenship is different and most states won’t allow it to happen unless the person proves they got another citizenship - this is to prevent stateless people, something Home Office cretin now achieved, solely for minute political gain.

ISIS was not a recognised state, so “joining” it had no legal meaning on a sense of citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I can just imagine family life. "Hard day at work dear?". "Yes, I had to chop off a dozen heads of those Christians.". ..." any new wives arrived today?" ... "Yes two new wives, they brought their toys. With them..."
                      "How are the kids?"
                      "Oh, you know, they blow up so quickly..."
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X