• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shamima Begum loses first stage of appeal against citizenship removal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Passport is just a travel document, renouncing citizenship is different and most states won’t allow it to happen unless the person proves they got another citizenship - this is to prevent stateless people, something Home Office cretin now achieved, solely for minute political gain.

ISIS was not a recognised state, so “joining” it had no legal meaning on a sense of citizenship.
    Hang on, we've got a Russian getting preachy about due process?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Hang on, we've got a Russian getting preachy about due process?
      A lot of people born in the UK take things for granted

Comment

A lot of people born in the UK take things for granted
        Like having laws designed to keep us safe?

She's declared herself against the Western way of life but wants its benefits anyway. Tough.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If ISIS hadn't been defeated she would be right now very busy in some beheadings. You cannot have the cake and eat it. She became a citizen of ISIS and took a gamble. That gamble has failed to deliver. Tough luck.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            She joined ISIS at which time she volunteered to become an ISIS citizen and give up her British Passport.
            She wasn't stripped of citizenship on that basis, rather that she potentially could claim Bangladeshi citizenship.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              She wasn't stripped of citizenship on that basis, rather that she potentially could claim Bangladeshi citizenship.
              Yes, I know that. Although she did not give up UK citizenship officially, she did so morally. Furthermore, the laws and protocols governing citizenship were made under the assumption that countries and combatants would to some degree obey laws and protocols. With the emergence of religious fanatics ruling rouge states, then I believe that the niceties and citizen privileges no longer apply. As Lawrence of Arabia said (in the movie) "No prisoners!".
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Passport is just a travel document, renouncing citizenship is different and most states won’t allow it to happen unless the person proves they got another citizenship - this is to prevent stateless people, something Home Office cretin now achieved, solely for minute political gain.

ISIS was not a recognised state, so “joining” it had no legal meaning on a sense of citizenship.
                Lucky as a daughter of a Bangladeshi mother she is entitled to that citizenship which IIRC she needs to apply for when she turns 21 and is no longer under the guise of her mother’s citizenship of that country.

So technically she is not stateless, but will he soon
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Lucky as a daughter of a Bangladeshi mother she is entitled to that citizenship which IIRC she needs to apply for when she turns 21 and is no longer under the guise of her mother’s citizenship of that country.

She needs to apply for Bangladeshi citizenship.

Now if you were the Bangladeshi government would you give it to her? Or would you be ensuring your laws meant she definitely can't have it? After all they did that to the Rohingya people.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

She is stateless because she holds no other citizenship at this time.

I predict she will get big compensation from HMG for unlawful deprivation of her essential rights.

Comment

She was just a kid when she did it ffs, brainwashed HERE.

Comment

Working...
                      X