• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK wide contractor and applicant DB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's a well known phenomenon, but more likely you're on a greylist.

Urban Dictionary: greylist
    Did you just invent the term?

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      Did you just invent the term?
      Check out the date.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Check out the date.
        So probably did invent it but some time ago. Fair enough.

In term of databases I have been thinking the same, considering the amount of data different parties collect on us I would be surprised if there was not only one but multiple.

As someone said above, ability to win a contract in the past is more relevant. And some of the places around are snake pits so any information from there would be irrelevant anyway.

Market is probably the worst many people have seen in years and that is the indisputable truth.

No matter what it happens you have to remember that life is not only about work. Try to keep an open mind to it.
        When you get yourself into the right mindset you'll find yourself in a better position.

The truth could be closer than you think, the way you are presenting yourself, slightest mix of words in the conversation might put agents off. They feel insecurity as dogs feel fear when they walk by.
        Rule of nature, survival of the fittest, call it as you may.

Comment

Cheers

I still think that SCOM run one as they asked me develop one for them

Cheers

Comment

But the market today is not like it was 10 or 20 years ago. The only agents who are phoning round these days are offshore ones, looking for local resources to fill in while they sort out visas for their lower cost teams to come in. Contractors need to be proactive - get on the phone with agents you know, don’t just send emails. Phone up about job adverts when you see them. Contact old clients. Contact other contractors you’ve worked with in the past.
            Contracting looks really awful these days. Rather glad I'm a retired old fart.Good luck to you not so ancient lot.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Contracting looks really awful these days. Rather glad I'm a retired old fart.Good luck to you not so ancient lot.
              WXogS.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
              X