IR35 decisions…. IR35 decisions…. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 14 of 14

Godlike

jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    To me it seems too quick for the public sector to have picked up (by themselves) the change in mood...
    It is more likely that they’ve been nudged in a particular direction...

Fingers like lightning

PCTNN 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmslow View Post
    How’s everyone else faring in these choppy waters?
    Started a contract at the beginning of the year. Client proposed a 2 month contract until end of february because that's when the client is officially making the ir35 decision (unofficially, all contractors know already). I said to client I would be going via umbrella from day 1 and this was enough for me to get a 6 month rather than 2

All my contractors colleagues are okay switching from out to in. Except from one who is leaving at the end of feb to go sit on the bench.

Super poster

Wilmslow has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    Started a contract at the beginning of the year. Client proposed a 2 month contract until end of february because that's when the client is officially making the ir35 decision (unofficially, all contractors know already). I said to client I would be going via umbrella from day 1 and this was enough for me to get a 6 month rather than 2

All my contractors colleagues are okay switching from out to in. Except from one who is leaving at the end of feb to go sit on the bench.
    I see a massive issue with switching from Out to In with the same client.

It means that HMRC may have a look and assess no real difference in working practice and look to back date. Personally I would not be continuing in the same role if deemed to be inside. Not that the deeming has any real weight as it is an un-educated opinion, but, HMRC may not share that view.

Fingers like lightning

PCTNN 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I see a massive issue with switching from Out to In with the same client.

It means that HMRC may have a look and assess no real difference in working practice and look to back date. Personally I would not be continuing in the same role if deemed to be inside. Not that the deeming has any real weight as it is an un-educated opinion, but, HMRC may not share that view.
    and I'd be okay with that.

my contractors colleagues' working practices will be the same now and post-april. Also, such working practices are already the same as the ones for permanent staff, so retrospective investigation by hmrc has got my big fat thumb up. Time to pay the piper.