• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 decisions….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    To me it seems too quick for the public sector to have picked up (by themselves) the change in mood...
    It is more likely that they’ve been nudged in a particular direction...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      How’s everyone else faring in these choppy waters?
      Started a contract at the beginning of the year. Client proposed a 2 month contract until end of february because that's when the client is officially making the ir35 decision (unofficially, all contractors know already). I said to client I would be going via umbrella from day 1 and this was enough for me to get a 6 month rather than 2

All my contractors colleagues are okay switching from out to in. Except from one who is leaving at the end of feb to go sit on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        Started a contract at the beginning of the year. Client proposed a 2 month contract until end of february because that's when the client is officially making the ir35 decision (unofficially, all contractors know already). I said to client I would be going via umbrella from day 1 and this was enough for me to get a 6 month rather than 2

All my contractors colleagues are okay switching from out to in. Except from one who is leaving at the end of feb to go sit on the bench.
        I see a massive issue with switching from Out to In with the same client.

It means that HMRC may have a look and assess no real difference in working practice and look to back date. Personally I would not be continuing in the same role if deemed to be inside. Not that the deeming has any real weight as it is an un-educated opinion, but, HMRC may not share that view.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          I see a massive issue with switching from Out to In with the same client.

It means that HMRC may have a look and assess no real difference in working practice and look to back date. Personally I would not be continuing in the same role if deemed to be inside. Not that the deeming has any real weight as it is an un-educated opinion, but, HMRC may not share that view.
          and I'd be okay with that.

my contractors colleagues' working practices will be the same now and post-april. Also, such working practices are already the same as the ones for permanent staff, so retrospective investigation by hmrc has got my big fat thumb up. Time to pay the piper.

Comment

Working...
          X