• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Challenger bank N26 to shut all UK accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenger bank N26 to shut all UK accounts

Challenger bank N26 to shut all UK accounts - BBC News

Challenger bank N26 is closing accounts for UK customers on 15 April, blaming difficulties created by the Brexit process.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Yet another Brexit casualty.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

They are the ones that had the fancy metal cards aren't they? I had a look at them because they looked very cool but I seem to remember it was very expensive and not a very good deal.

Am not so sure you can blame every challenger bank closing on Brexit. Many new startups fail so don't see why why some of the many new bank offerings would be any different. No market, particularly banking, can have every new offering survive.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Am not so sure you can blame every challenger bank closing on Brexit.
        Maybe not all of the challenger banks can blame it on brexit, but judging from what they wrote on their website this one did very much so.

Comment

They're the ones who couldn't cope last year when account details were stolen and the original account holders struggled to get their accounts back, suffering massive reputational damage. But, yeah, Brexit.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

And whose sockie are you?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              And whose sockie are you?
              Whose sockie is who?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Whose sockie is who?
                We need a guide

Comment

awful bank - tried them for a while, no customer service, no phone number nada. Stick to solid institutions that don't speculate with savers funds.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    awful bank - tried them for a while, no customer service, no phone number nada. Stick to solid institutions that don't speculate with savers funds.
                    Maybe brexit is just their scapegoat?
                    They're not cut out for UK market or other Fintechs have eaten their lunch?

Comment

Working...
                    X