• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some stats from Dave Chaplin (linkin)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some stats from Dave Chaplin (linkin)

OFF-PAYROLL: Survey results reveal Tories facing crisis with tax reforms set to decimate flexible workforce

Great peice of research by OffPayroll.org.uk.

- 53% of self-employed to abandon clients before April 2020

- £2.2bn immediate cost to the economy as a result of lost productivity

-91% of exiting contractors don’t trust HMRC’s stated policy

- Just 9% of contractors have received an ‘outside IR35’ assessment from clients

- 23% of contractors report being subject to blanket assessments by clients

Me:
    It appears that the firms who decided to take blanket decisions on their workforce and attempt to force a 25% pay cut didn't do their homework. 85% of contractors can afford to bench themselves and are prepared to call the clients bluff and simply leave.

But, I don't blame the firms - some of the large banks were left with little choice, given the lack of education and help from HMRC.

The political car crash created by HMRC continues.....

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Well HMRC will ignore the figures as self-selecting (which they are)

And HMRC will say that banks and other large firms have been abusing IR35 for 20+years so it really was time for them to take up their responsibilities.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Well HMRC will ignore the figures as self-selecting (which they are)

And HMRC will say that banks and other large firms have been abusing IR35 for 20+years so it really was time for them to take up their responsibilities.
      +1

And the banks will off-shore the work.

HMRC think IT is glorified typing. They just don't get wherte the future lies.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        +1

And the banks will off-shore the work.

HMRC think IT is glorified typing. They just don't get where the future lies.
        Or, in the case of Suity...

"I am pressing all the right buttons but not necessarily in the right order!"
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          OFF-PAYROLL: Survey results reveal Tories facing crisis with tax reforms set to decimate flexible workforce

Great peice of research by OffPayroll.org.uk.

- 53% of self-employed to abandon clients before April 2020

- £2.2bn immediate cost to the economy as a result of lost productivity

-91% of exiting contractors don’t trust HMRC’s stated policy

- Just 9% of contractors have received an ‘outside IR35’ assessment from clients

- 23% of contractors report being subject to blanket assessments by clients

Me:
          It appears that the firms who decided to take blanket decisions on their workforce and attempt to force a 25% pay cut didn't do their homework. 85% of contractors can afford to bench themselves and are prepared to call the clients bluff and simply leave.

But, I don't blame the firms - some of the large banks were left with little choice, given the lack of education and help from HMRC.

The political car crash created by HMRC continues.....

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          So HMRC are right to say that 90% of contractors are wrongly declared inside?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            So HMRC are right to say that 90% of contractors are wrongly declared inside?
            HMRC's statement is that only 10% of contractors who should be saying they work inside IR35 are doing so.

With these current changes I don't think it's 90% of contractors wrongly declared outside it's more like 290%...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
            X