• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay in current role or accept role closer to home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    Why were you looking for another role
    Applied for the new role a few months into my current job due to reasons mentioned above. However, the process was slow, by the time they had offered me the role, it was just shy of three months from the day I applied for it. So by this point, I've built up a really good relationship with my boss and the rest of the team. So the pros and cons of the role are more balanced now, leaving me with the dilemma I have now.

Comment

OP, what does your Mrs feel about you suddenly deciding to be working near home?

Is it going to ****-up her routine/cramp her style/piss off the window cleaner?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Take the opportunity. I have never regretted leaving one job for another, have you ?

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          Take the opportunity. I have never regretted leaving one job for another, have you ?
          Oh heck yes, I regretted leaving a nice local lucrative gig to go on an adventure in the Isle Of Man. Blimey, what a mistake that was..... We live, we learn. It is a beautiful island with some very scary people.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Oh heck yes, I regretted leaving a nice local lucrative gig to go on an adventure in the Isle Of Man. Blimey, what a mistake that was..... We live, we learn. It is a beautiful island with some very scary people.
            Like Wales?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X